The good 'ol days! a possible rant.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by represent601, May 1, 2012.

1. represent601

represent601 New Member

Whatever happened to the good 'ol days of mnc? I've been reading up on the forums and I've noticed that the devs dont post in the 360 section anymore, whats up with that?!?! I remember when it was only 360, I feel like that is when Uber was in its prime. It seemed like the devs actually cared about mnc then, I know they have super mnc to worry about, which I still dont understand why they are working on that when they still have two games that need work, but seriously we were promised updates a loooooong time ago... I'm still waiting! It's one thing to shift some of your focus to a new game, but it's another thing to just forget about your first game! If it weren't for mnc on the 360 uber wouldn't even have a name! The devs used to be really cool, one of them even made me my awesome signature, but now all I hear is them saying "buy a better computer and get smnc, or tell your friends about our new game" I refuse to support somebody who forgets about their roots and the original players who helped them get where they are today! Whenever you fire up mnc and you see the loading screens, did you know that half of those were player designed? yup, the devs had a little contest where they gave out prizes for some awesome art ideas, and little did we know that they would be used in the spunky cola special update! I know 360 updates cost money, and I understood that they didnt have a lot of it at the time, but seriously now they have 3 versions of the game out, all that make profit, as well as a store! now dont tell me you dont have money to get a simple update out, it just sounds to me like they want mnc to just fade away. well thats not happening, we are still here playing the game that got them where they are today, and I would like it if they would show a little concern about the fact that they left us with a broken game! I would update the thing myself if I could(I know how to use unreal engine, I know about coding and all of that) I just wish they would help us out a bit. I think this turned into a rant somewhere along the way. :lol:
    iammclovin117 likes this.
  2. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

I've seen these kind of threads a million times and the results were all the same.
  3. F5in

F5in New Member

go back where you came from
  4. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Wow. You guys are jerks.

To OP:

Uber moved on with the PC crowd and a lot of the previous players have moved on as well. This isn't as friendly and outgoing as it used to be. I mean, read the beginning of the "Welcome to SMNC" thread. So much aggression and bitter dissapointment from a fanbase that was here first.
  5. represent601

represent601 New Member

ah thanks zoom, I didnt start this thread to complain about the devs even though thats what it turned out to be. :lol:
    I just wanted to figure out what exactly happened while I was gone that caused them to just up and leave us. I'm sure pyre and f5in have a reason to be angry, or whatever they are, so I'm not that worried about them. Like I said I just wanted to see what happened you gave a little insight on that, so I must thank you. :D
  6. joker

joker Active Member

Truth is this game was flat out abandoned. Ok so they want to be cheap and not put up with Microsoft costs for more updates, but to cut all ties with the original title that really put uber out there, arcade game of the year nominees, and not do anything for or with the community other than periodically lock threads just shows the difference in a company that will make it versus a company that will fold on their first unsuccessful title.

A little effort in PR goes a long way, especially in a game people still buy and play. People like myself are criticized for chasing away new potential community members, but the problem is there is no reason for them to come here. Reasons like low man power or not enough time or busy with SMNC are POOR excuses
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Yeah, although they choose not to update or support the game anymore, they didn't have to cut off ties completely. Infact there are plenty of ways that you could still support the game without having to patch/update it.

Since they have no support for it, I don't see why they don't lower the game price and try to milk the very last bit of it. If they made this game available for 400 points, I bet we see a decent rise in the playerbase. Lowering the cost and getting featured would probably do wonders, and if only they could make minor adjustments like text on the menu, they could add information about SMNC on PC and how it's free to play, thus helping their future.
  8. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

They should lower the price at this point, I agree.
  9. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

That would be a bad business move.
  10. teapot

how?
  11. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

If demand is low you need to raise price and if demand is high you need to lower the price. If they lower the price when the demand is low would make their profit decrease.
  12. teapot

so... if nobody wants to buy the game, you think the devs should raise the price? and once everyone wants to buy the game, you think they should lower it? Not exactly sure how well that would work.

I do know that if 10 people purchase this game a week for 800 points, they make some money, but if they lowered the price, and did a dashboard advertisement and were able to get 20 people to buy it, it makes no difference, they still make the same. However, lowering the price and advertising it normally means a surge in player base. My guess is they would get 50 purchases a week and make more money than they have been.
  13. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

Thats a business strategy I learned in my first high school which specialized in business.
  14. teapot

see I have no business experience so you're gonna have to help me out.

say nobody wanted to buy MNC at 800 microsoft points, we should raise it to 1600 microsoft points?
  15. RandomToon

Huh? Teapot, what are you talking about?

You know you get X number of sales at 800 points
    If you would get more than half of X at 1600 points, you can raise the cost to 1600
    If you would get more than double X at 400 points, you can lower the cost to 400
    Then you compare what the total would be - if the total of raising the price is greater than the total of lowering it, then you raise it. If the total for lowering it is greater than raising it (even though raising it would still result in a gain over current prices) you lower it.

Basic business. Of course, there is no way to know if you will get that kind of result without a decent market analysis and focus groups, etc.

Who said anything about raising it anyway?
  16. teapot

that's what I was reffering to toon.
  17. RandomToon

Oh, I don't see those so that explains it.
  18. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

:lol: I guess you also have him blocked?
  19. RandomToon

Yes, although I am pretty sure that dadale will prove himself in time. He is smart kid, I am just done with him for now. He is in timeout.

To get back on topic, I would happily pay for an update. I don't think that 400 points is too much for patches and another map, and that way Uber could keep MNC at its current price, but throw in the update with it. They can even retro apply the update so that anyone who bought MNC after XYZ date could get the update for free - sort of like how I get free DLC for buying limited edition or pre-ordered titles that others have to pay for.

The fact of the matter is, 400 points is $5. There are what, MAYBE 2,000 players right now that would pay for it? That gives them $10,000 (less Microsoft's cut). Not worth the $40k to make the update available...and that 2,000 is just a very optomistic number I am throwing out there - given the state of current lobbies, it is more like 200...
  20. joker

joker Active Member

What dale says only refers to business in terms of limited supply (raising cost to balance low supply and maintain revenue, example: oil/gas). In instances like this where supply is infinite (and at no cost to them for consumers to buy the game) and instances of good success, price sales are always the better way to increase business in terms of volume and spread better word of mouth, and build a better business for future endeavors, open the door for profit on downloadable content (yes I know his game has free dlc, but for other arcade and disc games this applies, and the idea/reference is similar) and other available things to purchase involving mnc. If you think raising the price on mnc is a good idea to balance out the low demand you really need to study business better
    Last edited: May 1, 2012