The Game is Too Fast

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by Crymaw, July 6, 2014.

1. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

Especially when you are playing with fewer players, the game is too fast: there are too many resources available to take; without having to compete for them; everything builds so fast,; air engineers are king due to their mobility, and I think it is really silly that nukes are more expensive than planetary engines.

The strategy in team games always seems to be that all except one of the players try stall, while the other tries to rush a cheap planetary engine and wipe out the other team's stronghold - even at the expense of their own bases.

The game is already difficult to manage multiple planets, without being so fast.

Other than that though, I have to say I am enjoying the game a lot. Keep up the good work. ;)
    ace63 likes this.
  2. Astroniomix

Astroniomix New Member

Actually the game feels pretty slow now.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Air fabbers are far from king. They are slower to build and less energy efficient and they are easy to kill with a fighter.

Not sure how I feel about the game pace.

Game pace is mostly determined by planet size and metal quantities. I think that spawn planets should have less metal, and... maybe main planets should have a little less metal.

But if you want a slower pace game, try playing on a larger planet.
  4. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

Air fabbers are not king. Humming birds are fast enough to snipe them, even with an AA turret below.

I suggest not playing shared armies with randoms, there will be trolls 9/10 times. Find some friends or join a clan/gaming group. It will make playing PA a lot more fun and you can even learn a trick or two.
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. Astroniomix

Astroniomix New Member

On the note of air fabbers, just about the only thing people use them for are building t2 air and the occasional mex on water.
  6. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

Thanks for the tip, I will be sure to use hummingbirds more often, but still I feel like there are way too many mass points on maps.

I also still feel the engines are too cheap and easy: they should be more expensive than nukes. A fair bit more considering nukes can be countered with anti nukes, and that they don't destroy planets.
    Last edited: July 7, 2014
  7. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

If you want a different game experience you should look into making your own system. In the System designer you can adjust the amount of metal that a planet has and how large they are. You can create whatever scenario you want.

The engines being cheap I believe is temporary so that devs can see more planets being smashed and figure out all the ways that they can break the game, track them down and fix them.
  8. Astroniomix

Astroniomix New Member

You also have to pretty much own the planet already to be able to set them up without a competent opponent just sniping them.