The bot rush (formerly tank rush): douche move, or a skillful strategy?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by drewsuser, August 14, 2014.

1. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

I fight many 1v1 (I fit the bulk of my playstyle to them), and I always have focused on getting metal extractors/ fabbers down in a jiffy. Some people I play getting very mad about this. The trick is to make sure they never find an opportunity to strike back. People I play who do not like it generally say it is a very easy/ simple way to kill someone off. Really though, there are many types of rushes. Nearly every game I update my opening build to see what works and, frankly, bot rushes works most of the time. There is the player who has so much skill that he can start with tanks and stick with them till' the end, but they are far and few between.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

hmm who is this player you speak of?

i find it hard to believe he wins with tanks if you play well.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

what douchemoves? either strategies work or they dont thats it ... if you aren't prepared to deal with a situation then you simply deserve to lose ... the rest is a question of balance
  4. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

People don't consider it a "valid" strategy because they don't like units coming at them in in the first three minutes.
    A rude awakening to some supcom/supcom 2 (forgot which one, the second i think) players who liked the grace period at the start, or players who aren't used to 1v1. I don't know their backgrounds in rts, I do know their curse words/ bitter complaints;)
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

its called harrasment its to weaken the enemy before he can become a serious threat ... of course people do not like that ... but them telling it not being a valid strategy i would tell them having no clue how to play a strategy game and rather go back to play against easy ai for when they cant deal with propper players ...
  6. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Yes, I have heard of this player. It is said that he can do what ever he wants, it is said that he go defence tanks inorder to defend hes energy knowing that noone will ever go air, massing ,lurking in your worst nightmare. Then he strikes when the time is right and you shall hear hes wrath cuz it is might . I head that this player is so good that infact only thinking about hes mostlikely super strong brainpower can make you go blind. I dont know if the storyes are true, rather not think about it. Like what if i go actually blind you know.
    Last edited: August 14, 2014
  7. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

i like the half price, watching King of the planet 9, there where SO MANY bots (well besides the second...sort of) and it was AWESOME! these where REAL armies and there was a ton of carnage.
    and im just like...half the price of all units, that way we can get double the units! (-1 second factory drop off)
    while buildings are expensive but hard to down so building infrastructure will be at an interesting pace but not to fast and/or vulnerable....but thats besides the point, the focus is on units and large armies
  8. wstxbb

wstxbb Member

En..... I don't think you need care what this kind of players say. He might just can't accept lose and make up some reasons and try not "lose more face".
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'll give you some games sometime... as for being attacked in 3 mins- people insist on playing 1 v 1 on tiny planets.

That's fine and all but I prefer a nice big planet with lots of territory to exploit. I personally tend to like to play a series of games, looser always pics next map :p