"The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth" v1.01 Update Released

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Methlodis, November 9, 2014.

1. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

For those of you Binding of Isaac fans, the first update for rebirth was just released fixing quite a few of the big issues that revolved around its launch. Did a video right up on it here:

How many of you have actually been playing the game? And how do you like it compared to the original?

I've been enjoying the hell out of it, especially for the new item synergies you can create and the fixes that have been made to many of the items from the original. I can pretty much see myself putting in a couple of hundred hours into the game.

And for those that did play the new one, did you guys come across any of the game breaking bugs?
  2. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I enjoy it a lot, but I played the original so much that it feels kinda played out for me. It's basically a better Binding of Isaac but I've just played way too much Isaac.
  3. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

Yeah I can definitely see where your coming from with that. It's true, the original game was very addicting on it's own, and the new game doesn't really change the formula for it. But I haven't reached that point just yet.

Though, do you think you would have liked the game more if there was things like more level diversity (theme, structure, strategy) and some more additional mechanics rather than what Rebirth is and just a more fleshed out version of the concept from the last game?
  4. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

It's a little weird playing Isaac with a smooth frame rate, but I really like it. I kinda wish they would've put less new items and more new levels/enemies but it's still really good. Hopefully we'll get an add-on pack as good as WotL.

As usual I look forward to Edmund's next game. Which will hopefully be Castle Crashers 2.