The Astreaus is too weak

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by melhem19, January 25, 2014.

1. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

in the latest build the Astreaus was lowered from 2500 hp to 150
    thus making it to weak, i think the astreaus's hp should be raised up til 500 hp
  2. halander1

halander1 Member

They said the point of lowering the HP is because it makes sending a commander risky, plus older astraues's were 12500, now they are something like 1500, percentage wise it makes sense.
  3. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

In a sense the Astraeus is obsolete with the teleporter.. I wouldn't mind it changing to a planetary transport only.

edit: planetary = within one planet, no interplanetary travel
    Last edited: January 25, 2014
  4. dusanak

dusanak Member

And then you would build teleporters only using orbital fabs?
  5. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

The Astreus should have no more health than what it takes to kill with a single d-gun blast.

So infinite health should work just fine.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

You crazy bob.
  7. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

screw that, a t1 fighter can insta-gib it...its THAT weak....
  8. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I personally fully agree. The astreus used to be my favorite unit in the game next to a commander. Now it is not. But there is still a very good use for them, because on some planets (the small ones) it is impossible to place teleporters. If you have a 150hp astreus and you want to land on a small asteroid that is already a base of your enemy, its going to die soon. Sometimes you can send a nuke before you attempt to land, but thats not always possible.
  9. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I think the big issue is that the re-useable astreus isn't as great an idea as we've come to be accustomed to. It's worked so far as a band-aid for incomplete orbital; with balance tweaks coming, plus the addition of teleporters, it makes sense to scale it back. Many have been clamoring for single-use Astreus anyway, citing the KS trailer for its launch mechanism rather than letting it go into and out of orbits willy-nilly. Doing so would also set a fine predecent for orbital transport units, such as eventual orbital drop pods, being one-way.
    ace63 and KNight like this.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Well said, there have been many temporary band-aid fixes in PA as things continued to get fleshed out, and the Astraeus is certainly one of them. For me, I feel that Heath in no way plays into what the Astraeus' function is. I feel that more often than not how much health it has is completely a non-issue. Things like flight profiles and such play a much bigger role.

Mike
  11. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Lol, that post on your link was way to big to even begin reading. I think astreus should be able to fly back, because i hate the idea to see myself wasting something. basicly, if you want to go to another planet as your first plan, you should be able to make an astreus and get there relatively fast with a commander or t1 bot. but if you then see, that he also went there, i think it shouldn´t be a gg right there and you should be able to attempt a risky getaway to move to a different planet without your astrues being done for in 2 shots and your investment to waste or your commander alone and forgotten on an enemy planet because he has no way out thats probably going to mean gg, especially on small planets, water planets or planets full with terrain features. Making an astreus shouldn´t be as suicidal as it is now.
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It was big enough to require 2 posts actually, hit the 10k character limit.

You could have just thought about it for a second and only read the portion that's actually relevant to the Astraeus.

Mike