The announcer is extremely repetitive.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by imrlybord7, August 13, 2010.

1. imrlybord7

imrlybord7 New Member

To quote my beloved Yahtzee, "this may be the pettiest gripe I have ever indulged," but there is a reason I am doing so. One of the many great things about this game is that it is truly funny in a unique and original way, and the announcer has some of the funniest lines. However, when you hear the same thing over and over every single match, it starts to get stale (the dialogue, not the game XD) and pulls you out of the experience a little bit. If the announcer was unremarkable to begin with I wouldn't care, but it's a shame to listen to so many good jokes get completely ruined so quickly. From his days as a male dancer to the implications of a tyrannical dystopian government, I loved it all, but enough is enough. I want to either shut him up or hear something new. On the topic of background noise, this game needs music. Combat sounds fine, but it isn't constant enough or loud enough to prevent a lot of intense near-silence, which is just plain creepy at what is supposed to be a huge sporting event. I mean, I still have the awesome guitar from the title screen stuck in my head as we speak, but every time I respawn I feel like I'm in a ghost town until I get to the action. I feel like combat would be a bit more climactic if there was some good pump-up music going. And yes, I am fully aware that I could listen to my own music during the game, but I prefer in-game soundtracks to that.

DISCLAIMER: Even though I said it at the top, just know that I have not forgotten that these are indeed petty issues, but I know Uber wants feedback and it's little stuff like this that can really improve the overall experience or just provide future reference for a developer.

Also, Uberpeople, can I have a job pl0x?
  2. Acosta02

Acosta02 New Member

Music would make it harder to sense assassins coming.

And while I have no problem with the announcer, I do have a friend who expressed a wish for a volume slider for the announcer.

...also it would be kinda sweet if the DLC packs threw in a couple new lines.
  3. WTFile970

WTFile970 New Member

I am fine with his jokes and all (so far, it's only been two days), but I am SICK and TIRED of him NAGGING me every time I have enough money to upgrade! Maybe I am saving up for turrents, announcer!

It's incredibly annoying to hear the game yelling at you for not playing how they want you to play.
  4. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Announcer is cool but yeah he doesn't have many lines.

It would be nice if he commented on specific classes instead of saying "That was AWESOME!"

His idle speech is funny, More lines would be cool though.

My favorite line is:
    "HIIYOO!--Oh.. ow oo I think I pulled something..."
    Makes me lol because he yelled to hard.

Pit Girl needs a volume slider because I never hear her say "Sheilds are down" I'm very un observant when I'm in the enemy base.
  5. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Gah im being shot! Gah theres a turret! JACKBOT!!! JACKBOT!!! *Hey! why don't you upgrade those skills right now while everyone's shooting at you?*WELL WHY DONT YOU JUST FU- Oh I died...

But yeah I would love to hear some new lines! Perhaps he could talk about some new shows such as...

"Hey! next up on tonight's broadcast is Big Sister, house mates argue and fall in love while on the run from a female cyborg with a huge needle!"
  6. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Yeah he is funny but i would love some more lines for him.
  7. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Personally, I don't think he's repetitive enough! I mean, I want to hear "HAIYOO BACON!" much more often, if I'm the one picking it up at least...
  8. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Seriously dude, "HAIYOO" is the best word ever now.
    I remember when I first played the trial, jeez...that was hilarious.