The ability to kick boosters

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by lord_sammy, February 9, 2011.

1. lord_sammy

lord_sammy New Member

^---
    I would love to see this. I have lost too many games because we're down a man permanently! Especially jarring when someone ragequits and then it becomes 6vs4! The ability to kick someone who has sat there for fifty games and not lifted a finger would be very very nice. Say, if it's five minutes into the game and they still haven't picked a class, BOOT! Grrr.
    </ninjarage>
  2. spookyspectre11

spookyspectre11 New Member

they have this already. If your idle for a few minutes i kicks you out of the game and your back at the menus with a window saying "You were kicked for idleing"
  3. MagnumVeritan

MagnumVeritan New Member

The situation I believe the OP is referring too are the folks who pull host, then just leave their xbox. They do not pick a class and do not get kicked for idling. And due to the fact they are the host, they don't have to worry about failed migrations booting them out.

I've had this happen in five different lobbies over the past two days, so it is still a relevant concern.
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Not picking a class and being host should not exempt you from being booted for being idle. Uber really has to fix this.
  5. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Or if somebody's being crap on your team, you should have the vote to kick them.
  6. F5in

F5in New Member

lolno. not with the XBL community.
  7. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

That would cause a serious conflict with my weekly TwT night. :(
  8. hostileparadox

Oh please God no. If you've ever played L4D2, you'll know its no fun to have 3 strangers vote to kick you out for no good reason. :cry:
  9. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I love how some of the people I played with in the 1st L4D used to get angry that a 11 year old was not only better than them, but also had a lower voice than some of them. Kicks followed. (I was 11 at the time, 13 now :p )

On topic: By the good graces of Odin's Beard and Zeus's Chest Hair, I have never been in a booster lobby. I can see how that would be annoying and why it should be fixed, though.
  10. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

How does "yes" sound? Mmmm don't think you play a lot of Live games, buddy.
  11. hostileparadox

I think what F5in meant was because a lot XBL members are/can be a-holes, this would be a bad idea. Rampant booting, reason, stupid reason, or no reason.
  12. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

we already have enough of those..
    I think a custom search match ala pc might be better to avoid these people.

And the option to have them kicked from the game for being idle even as host
    (why can't this be done to fix the problem?)
  13. F5in

F5in New Member

What does that mean? The XBL community is garbage for almost every game. Even if the whole community isn't garbage, there will still be groups of people who abuse it. I have played quite a few XBL games. In fact, every new game I get, I no-life. Check my gamercard if you want, and while you're doing it, keep in mind I mostly play multiplayer yet I STILL have that much time invested into single player.

god

the nerve of some people, mirite?
  14. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Dudey, I was joking. It's what we British do. And then you Americans take it personally. I think I'm being funny with the wrong people here.

But hey, I love you really. Honest. We should play sometime. And you'd kick my arse. <3
  15. F5in

F5in New Member

You DO realize that sarcasm doesn't translate into text, right? Also, I'm Australian, I just live in America.
  16. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Even better! I love Australians! I was going to go there for my vacation/birthday last year but my flight got cancelled due to weather problems! =D

Oh wait, I'm going off track here.

Sorry, folks!
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

And no, I wasn't being sarcastic.

I've heard you're actually one of the best. Like, lower (or is it higher?) on the leaderboards than me. I'm like, 985 or something and I heard you're pretty good. I mean, I've had the game before it came out but you seem to be better than me so I thought we could play sometime! =D
  18. destructamental

destructamental New Member

I was kicked for not having enough hours logged in L4D2. I couldn't believe I was being told I shouldn't play because I hadn't played versus enough. Unbelievable.

Vote kick is an awful idea for XBL. An army of 10 year olds with something to prove is a good enough reason not to.

Edit: There's a swear filter? Did not know that.
  19. AncientSpartan7

AncientSpartan7 New Member

That's just a bad idea cause then it will get abused to be if someone is owning, like i do myself, then it gives a good chance for people to kick the "Good Player" and win. Says enough
  20. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Screw L4D, I've had it happen (regularly) in Forza Motorsport! (Assuming it's because I use a mic and ramble a bit like an old man).