Thank you, Uber

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by ZOoo00OOm, March 28, 2012.

1. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

I know I sound like a broken record, but thank you a lot.

Thank you for creating MNC and giving me an experience I've never had with any other arcade game.

I've never played a game for so long like I have with MNC. Sure, there are no updates and probably never will be, but dammit what a game.

What. A. Game.

Thank you for giving me my full 15 dollars worth in a game and best of luck in your future endeavors.

<3
    Last edited: March 28, 2012
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I agree zoom. I'm following you in this thread like the last one.. I think it's pretty good timing for these threads.

For the developers here at Uberent... GOOD F*CKING JOB!!! 100% serious, no sarcasm! You guys have heard my noise in regards to updates. That doesn't change the fact that you created my favorite game in the past 2 years. You managed to do an exceptionally well job in terms of balancing (for console) this game for highly competitive matches, and made this fun and addicting. Have you seen any of our matches? It's like watching an orchestra play... it's beautiful. I highly doubt when this game was first being tested you guys checked balance for competitive settings. I don't think you tested 6v6's with one of each class and said nice job guys we created tools for the player to counter any and every single scenario in the game... but somehow that's how it turned out.

Pat yourselves on the back uber... you made something totally fresh/balanced and addicting. It had potential to be a competitive title. It had potential to be noob friendly. It kept us around for a very long time, despite knowing what our fate was. It was worth every written out text message to new players asking if they wanted to join up in privates. It was worth teaching players all the tricks and tips in the game. If I knew everything that I know now about the game at the time when I originally purchased it, I would have spent $60 on just the content we have now.

I'm sure I'll stick around and see how SMNC pans out for you guys. PC seems to be the way of the future and it seems like creating a LoL type game instead of a FPS is the future as well. I hope you guys don't rule out making something a little more FPS like in the future. SMNC may be the vision you guys have always had, but MNC is the vision I had always wanted. I never realized how bad some competitive FPS titles were, if it wasn't for this game.

/nut ride.
    naka333 likes this.
  3. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

What games have you played?
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Thanks guys, that's super nice of you and I'm glad you've enjoyed it for so long.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I like how the devs are such a big part of their own game. These forums are quite nice. The game is quite fun. The time was beyond value, for such a cheap price.
  6. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

GIVE US MOAR.

No really though, I love you guys.

Thank you.
  7. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

[​IMG]
  8. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

I hope that when Uber moves on with SMNC, they still remember us.

Maybe add in Zoom Cola or something as a powerup.
    Last edited: March 28, 2012
  9. teapot

what about anti power ups?

Zoom cola reduces enemy speed. (thus making you seem faster)
    Herbal grey teapot - Calms your enemys skill regen time to a slow relaxing duration.
    Wildman's wild card - Random endorsement each game that puts out a couple higher % points than whatever the gold endorsment does.
    OxyTeam Arena
    Miracle steroids - buff your crit shot % for a slight duration.
    Fearless Feedle's extra armor - Max's out your armor (overheal, w/e) but doesn't effect health.

dadale, competitively? or in the last 2 years?
    naka333 likes this.
  10. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Unlockable Sword: Deadpool(FTW)'s Blade
    Your lunges will move you a half an inch forward, and your smoke bomb jumps will jump as high as a one legged man, but you will be looked kindly upon by the Grapple Gods and be more durable than a cockroach.
  11. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Wei Long Game Ender
    - A blueberry-flavored cream substance that instantly lowers the player's standard of fun and finishes the game as quickly as possible.

WARNING: Side effects may include a lower k/d ratio, Money ball tapping and rage quits following after the game.
  12. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

I vote for a feedle death streak- get 6 deaths in a row gives you something
  13. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

C4 surprise
  14. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Boat's Bot Bolts- Average hp restoration to all nearby bots.
  15. SnappleT

SnappleT Active Member

MNC was amazing, both in concept and gameplay.

Hopefully by the time it's release SMNC will become just as good if not even better.
  16. teapot

I like the death streak idea feedle. Maybe gold reload speed? That's the feedle build right?
    naka333 likes this.
  17. gunked

gunked New Member

Gunked mask- keeps you from getting gunked on from headshots by reducing damage taken from them by 25%'

Concept Art :D

[​IMG]

But the mask should look more transparent and white (If you know what i mean)
  18. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

Which ever you are referring to.
  19. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I agree with a lot of the statements made in this thread, but this one sums it up the best for me. The different layers of MNC make it easy to play over and over again. The basic match is fun enough, but (and I know Teapot agrees with this!) playing MNC in a full team on team setting makes it seem like you bought a game and its sequel.

And then,

I think (and I'm no expert) that Uber looking at making a real sequel would be a smart decision at some point, whatever system(s) it comes out on. Nods to the original community would be one of the most awesome things a developer ever did, so file that away for (possible) future use.

And just in case, I'll submit my own possible future achievement for MNC 2:

Achievement Unlocked: Post
    Never do anything useful in game. (Minimum: 100 games completed)
  20. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

reload/armor/speed
    speed/armor/reload

depends what your trying to accomplish
    blitz mode: reload/armor/skill
    :D

Death streaks- more crits, more health, more longer lasting juice, better acc? longer jetpack flight?