Tell me if you think this 'imbalanced'

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Super Joe, January 13, 2011.

1. Super Joe

Super Joe New Member

You know the Assault's bomb? Apparently it's imbalanced because it instantly kills a target that if the Assault throwing it manages to stick it to their opponent. I was in a game yesterday with people complaining about this because I managed to do it a few times, pre-throwing it around corners and what-not.

What do you people think?
  2. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

If anything, I loath the thing mostly for its insane ringout potential and huge blast radius at lvl 3. Then again, I hate everything that kills me ;).
  3. CrancK

CrancK New Member

headcrab = same as a headshot with sniper, just less range, and the projectile is slow and seeable...
    how could it possibly be OP? (that is, if sniper headshot is not seen as OP, this can't possibly be)
  4. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

There is even a delay in the time you can detonate it; it's not hard to dodge. Big guys with armor endorsements can easily take the hit and keep going, which makes the Assault a difficult class to play up against them.
  5. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

Anything other than jamming down your left mouse button and spraying your opponent with automatic fire is apparently overpowered!
  6. Huff

Huff New Member

Can't you survive that with a silver or gold health endorsement?
  7. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Headcrab = insta-kill even on juiced players, which have 1000 health :lol:
  8. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I remember that on the Xbox forums someone said that a deployed tank with gold armour and lvl 3 passive can survive a headcrab while juiced. And also a ground zero (not at the same time, obviously).

Pancakes are still lethal, though.
  9. Oscar

Oscar New Member

What is 'headcrab' ? *slap*
  10. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

A new study has been found! Turns out, an overhealed Tank that's deployed with Juice can actually live from a headcrab! Barely any health left after-wards though. Or maybe it was just lag?
  11. Lorenzo Von Matter

Lorenzo Von Matter New Member

Well it's relatively hard to stick so I don't think it's over powered, however
    did you ever attach it to the moneyball? it does INSANE damage just about 20%
    on level 3
  12. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Headcrab = Assault mine stuck to a player, then detonated. Usually kills, but if you slap every bit of health you can find on a tank, overheal him and juice him, he can survive it.
  13. CrancK

CrancK New Member

oops wrong thread
  14. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Not overpowered. Much harder to hit with than a sniper headshot or airstrike.

But damn hilarious when you're 1v1 in an empty server with someone: stick one to him, then run away and taunt him in chat while he waits to be exploded at a random time of your choosing :D
  15. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I'm fine with headcrabs. In case anybody was wondering... ;)
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That is just mean....but extremely funny. If I was the one stuck though I was just take the dive and give you no kill....or will it give you a ring-out? It might...oh well I'll figure something out!
  17. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

If anythings OP its their charge-grapple.
    That's ridiculous, a tank and an assault charge against each other, the tank gets grappled and sent flying across the map. THAT is not fair. The bomb? Nah... Well it's knockback could be reduced, but otherwise nah...
  18. CrancK

CrancK New Member

keep the knockback PLZ, how else am i supposed to bombjump?
  19. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Oh? I never had that, to be honest. Every time I clash charges with an assault, he's the one doing the flying, not me. And whenever I play assault, same thing.
  20. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Happened to me twice while playing on Ammo Mule Arena yesterday as a tank.
    Had a fully leveled charge, and I charge this assault that comes around the corner. Then he charges at me and grapples me, and sends me flying across the map.

Second encounter I go into the base taking out bots and turrets, then he comes again within charge range. I charge, he charges, I get grappled and sent flying.

That is just not fair.