Teleporter Linking

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by gobbygee, January 18, 2014.

1. gobbygee

gobbygee Member

Hi guys,

I've been playing the new patch and I'm loving the new teleporters!
    But, I find it a bit fiddly linking them.

What do people think about the idea of putting the teleporter on a channel, so you set 2 teleporters to channel 1, this then links them, if more then 2 are linked to the same channel then the gates don't "turn on"?
    then it would be easier to see what gates are linked together.

just an idea, its not really that much of a big deal, it was just an idea I had and wanted to see what people though?
    igncom1 likes this.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Saved camera positions help.

Needs a whole UI linked to the planets they're on and nameable so you can easily link named teleporters between planets and camera jump to them.
    Last edited: January 18, 2014
  3. plink

plink Active Member

I like this idea. Maybe even implement the number onto the top of the gate itself in game. It could be anything from a number to an icon/picture (sort of like a stargate ID, that you assign to 2 gates.)
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

5. gobbygee

gobbygee Member

Yeah camera positions do make it alot easier to jump around, i just though have channels would be a easy way to see whats linked to where.

thansk for the link, there was so meany teleport threads i wasnt sure what one to use.

Tbh i love the way they work atm, you can use them for inter-planetery, or just to sneak your army behind the energys links on a big planet! Uber have outdone them selves with the teleporters!
  6. gobbygee

gobbygee Member

Yeah camera positions do make it alot easier to jump around, i just though have channels would be a easy way to see whats linked to where.

thansk for the link, there was so meany teleport threads i wasnt sure what one to use.

Tbh i love the way they work atm, you can use them for inter-planetery, or just to sneak your army behind the energys links on a big planet! Uber have outdone them selves with the teleporters!
  7. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

When you select a teleport, there would popup interface / ui, that shows location / planet names of all other teleporters, so you can select it, without having to skip around planets.
    gobbygee likes this.