Teammate Collision

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Moose, April 20, 2011.

1. Moose

Moose New Member

Quite simply, can we have this turned off or let servers be able to toggle this. It is extremely annoying to be constantly blocked by teammates who don't know how to get out of the way. Running into an opponent and being blocked is totally fine and acceptable, but being blocked by a teammate is extremely infuriating.
  2. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Yup, especially when you're trying to run away for your life from a juiced player, and the next thing you know you collide with a friendly tank blocking the escape route jump pad.

He goes :|
    You die.

Chances are he follows you to MNC heaven. :lol:

Sure, it's a team game and all, but do we really need to make it so deep that getting out of your team mate's way must be part of the formula as well?

I thought it was only tanks and gunners that were bad when it comes to blocking spawn entrances ( for some reason the entrance is the most popular place to choose your skills, as opposed to inside the spawn where you're safe and not blocking anyone ), but today I saw the light when I played tank and got blocked by an assassin. :(
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I'm fine with it staying as default off, but I would like it to be toggleable(word?).

But yeah, I'd like to be able to walk through friendly players. I can walk through friendly bots after all.

I'd also like FF, Bot collision, and shooting through friendly players/bots to be toggleable. Various degrees of hardcoreness for the masochists in the playerbase. FF would suck for pubs, but in closed games it could prove quite the enjoyable challenge.
  4. Dragon-Guard

Dragon-Guard New Member

God that would blow, FF in pubs would just be unplayable :S
    How often i meet a gunner who is shooting me in the back all the time for some reason as if suspecting me to be a tf2 spy, or a friendly sin who for some reason tries to grapple me for half a game.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

yeah, I really don't see much reason why teammates shouldn't be able to move through each other
  6. killien

killien Active Member

There is some amount of bot collision, it's just that the bots get pushed out of your way
  7. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I was about to make a thread on this actually.

You can run through friendly bots, why not pros?

Turrets makes sense, enemies make sense (bots / turrets / players), but friendly pros do not. ever been retreating around a corner and BAM! fat gunner blocking an entire pathway. Or the fat bastards who spend 10 seconds buying skills in the middle of the spawn exit tunnel? Yeah, you can go around, but on pretty much every map the middle one is ideal.
  8. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

I'd really like friendly collision turned off.
    I could add a lot of arguments as to why.
    But stupid teammates and grieving is enough in my opinion.
  9. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

I'm sure there's plenty of examples to show why team mate collision is bad. In fact, Coverop had the courtesy to give me a full out tour of why it was bad during one match. :lol:

The question that should be asked really is whether anyone actually supports collisions, and why?
  10. arseface

I would only support them if full on bot collision where enabled and being able to shoot through friendly bots/players where disabled. At that point it becomes tactical.

As it is it just seems out of place.
  11. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

Oddly, I'm for teammate collision.

Think about it from an attacking point of view. You've been exchanging fire with a Support and finally he's at low red at the cost of 60 percent of your health. You're about to AR that Support to Clone Hell. Suddenly, he gets near a Gunner. He passes through the Gunner. Sucks. The shots meant for the Support brings the Gunner's attention to you. Sucks more. You're dead.

I think it adds to the teamwork also. As in stop being such an asshat and blocking my way to safety just so you can get a few more bot kills. Think about your team, not your score.
  12. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Strangely enough, that example shows the Support relied on his team mate in order to escape and survive, which is indeed a form of teamwork too.
  13. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

this has killed me so much and also stopped me from getting kills, wish you could charge through and fall through them, try playing a gunner when a stupid *** tank or another gunner decides to run under you as your falling from your fly, your stuck! can't do anything
  14. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

imagine sneaky tanks clipping into each other. it's too late when you realize there's 3 of them lol
  15. arseface

Now imagine the snipers surprise when he lands a triple headshot.
  16. killien

killien Active Member

I wonder if they could rig it so that you could pass through teammates, but the game tries to push you away from each other
  17. Proxus

Proxus Member

I wish the tank charge would push friendlys out of the way(though no friendly collision would be much better.) So many times I've gone to charge and some stupid assassin dashes or falls infront of me lol.

However the most annoying thing is supports humping m leg when im playing gunner :(. Hate that so much >_<
  18. Rh

Rh New Member

Teammate collision is the main reason why I hate having support on my tail, making us bump into each other every few seconds, and it's just plain annoying. Trying to do this TF2 style just doesn't work out as well because of teammate collision. That + other above mentioned reasons everyone here experienced at least once (skill-picking-passageway-blocking-gunners etc.).
    Yet I'd like to keep it, or make it toggleable, it's fine by me as long as I'm trying to keep distance. :)
  19. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yes, that would be good

But even without a pushing force, stacking people on top of each other would usually be a bad choice. Grenades, mortars, bombs, airstrikes, slams, charges, lunges, and especially sniper explosive shots would all be extra effective against stacked players.

That already happens so often with bots, I don't think it would be much of a change for players to do it
  20. Bakey

Bakey New Member

I would LOVE to have this turned off. I can't remember the number of times I've been delayed getting out of spawn due to someone buying skills in the middle of the doorway so you can't get out. :roll: