Team Six Star [6*] - Scrim Ready

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Clans, Team, and Tournament' started by zanarias, January 26, 2011.

1. zanarias

zanarias Member

[​IMG]

IF YOU ARE WANTING TO REQUEST A SCRIM WITH US, scroll down past the recruitment details! These details will be kept in case we ever decide to recruit again.

We are NOT currently recruiting!

Hello everyone! I don't really plan on making this too long, but our team has decided to (somewhat) openly recruit a final member for our roster. We are ONLY looking for highly skilled players at this time, and only those that are primarily looking for competitive play in leagues/tournaments and other scrimmages.

Requirements and Other Details:
    -Teamspeak (Microphones HIGHLY ENCOURAGED, but not mandatory)

-Typical 2.5 K/D minimum in pub games

-A high level of skill with at least one particular class

-The group is operating primarily on US-based times. However, all people who meet the above requirements are welcome to join as long as they can play during US times

Currently scouting primarily for:
    N/A

Admittedly the definition of "highly skilled" is widely open to interpretation. It will ultimately be the decision of the current group as a whole whether or not a player fits our definition of "highly skilled," and not some other arbitrary definition.

If you actually want to get to a point where you are considered for a trial period, please write an initial post IN THIS THREAD (do not PM me, I will PM you). This is excusable for those that did this before this was appended to the thread, but future PMs without a thread post will be ignored. Give relevant information, such as:

• -Your "base" Steam name (the name/email you registered to Steam with) or a valid link to your profile (must be public)

-Class(es) you main

-What you consider your skill level to be compared to typical pub players

-Duration playing MNC

-Timezone/Typical playing times

-Any other information you believe is relevant for us to know

After this post, all conversation will be handled via PMs, and nothing pertaining to your consideration will be posted to this thread thereafter (unless you're mean).

Please do not take a dismissal or denial personally; it is just a fact that not all players can fill the skill set our group requires. All posters will be considered for a trial period, up until the point where our final member is chosen. We will also be actively searching in game for up and coming players.

ADDITIONALLY, I am not a fan of irrelevant information. I do not need to know your age, and I do not need to know the name of your pet cat. All that is required for this group is maturity (and the aforementioned criteria). I can recognize this from your posts and in game actions alone.

Scrimmages

Our current line up is scrim ready. If you wish to request a scrim with Six Star, you can message me through Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zach), PM me on the forums (do not bother other members at this time), or message me over IRC on the Quakenet channel #MondayNightCombat. Do NOT post in this thread asking for scrims.

Please note, we are not available for spur of the moment scrimmage matches. Matches must be set up at least 2-3 days in advanced in order for all Six Star members to be informed and ready to play. We will try our best to be available often, but like most people, will probably be available more frequently on weekends.

Again, you can contact me using the above methods. I will try and respond as fast as possible to all messages, but I may be hindered by other things. Don't take it personal if I accidentally miss a message of some sort; simply ask again, or try and contact me using a different method.

We're looking forward to facing other competitive teams!

Current Members:
    -Zanarias (Support/Gunner/Assault)
    -Marmalade (Assassin)
    -TG_Tiblolan (Sniper/Gunner)
    -OD (Assault)
    -MonkeyPulp (Sniper)

Substitutes:
    -Trollcifer (Gunner)
    -Myst (Tank/Assassin)

Scrim History:

Wins:

Vs. Team energY 2/19/11
    Vs. Team Aut Vincere Aut Mori 2/27/11

Losses:

Raw Messiah 3/27/11, gg guys.
    Last edited: March 27, 2011
  2. Lucky13

Lucky13 New Member

3. zanarias

zanarias Member

Re: Team Six Star [6*] - Recruiting

PM'd. At this point, please keep all messages to PMs to avoid cluttering the thread for other applicants.
  4. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

That's a little ridiculous. Especially in pub games where the game is objective based. For instance, you have a lot better chance to get kills when you're on a team where people are working together.

Not to mention...there are other ways to ensure victory. Your Support following a cluster of bots with a buff aura up. Strategic firebase placement. This K:D attitude is what hinders this game. I'll go 8-8 in almost every game (with the exception of course...I went 27-4 earlier today) but, goddammit, I'll get you 20+ assists, hack turrets and make sure even the dumb ones are healed.
  5. zanarias

zanarias Member

A high K/D in pub matches (emphasis on this) tells me a few things about a player:

-They have situational awareness. They know what's coming at them. They know whether or not to engage in a battle.

-They can tell what battles they can win, and what battles they will lose right off the bat.

-They know how to use their class effectively to dish out damage, and also know how to survive with the class. (Sort of redundant).

While I somewhat agree with you on 2.5 being a little high, I still do not see a reason why someone cannot typically go 2.0-2.5 K/D in a pub match, while still properly doing their objectives (pushing, taking out turrets, etc). All of our current team does this already, and if they can, I don't see why any other teammate we're looking for cannot.

Additionally, whether or not you contribute a bunch to a battle, past a certain point in terms of deaths you begin "feeding" your enemies cash. If you cannot take on opponents by yourself in a pub match, you become a liability, and that's something no one in particular wants.

The K/D tells me the player is trustworthy to an extent in scrimmage matches. They can handle themselves if they are required to do something solo in a scrim for a small time. While we will primarily be sticking together in order to maximize our ability, there will be times where someone WILL need to do something alone; and that's why personal survivability becomes extremely important.

EDIT: And don't say this isn't possible with Support. I have an entire guide dedicated to the Support (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6918) explaining how to play offensively while still being an asset to the team. I will typically have a 2.0-4.0 ratio.
    Last edited: January 28, 2011
  6. zanarias

zanarias Member

Post updated, reformatted a bunch of stuff, necessary information added to make everyone's day easier. Read it again if you are interested in joining!
  7. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

That's an understatement. If you averaged the K/D of the Team Bacon and 6* members, I'd estimate it's over 3. I've floated between 4 and 5 and Mibu is around the same. I really don't think it's unreasonable to have a 2+. If you can't do over 2 and do your role at the same time, competitive might not be for you just yet.
  8. Fragnat1c

Fragnat1c New Member

- Steam Name: fragnaticx
    - Main Class: Sniper
    - What you consider your skill level to be compared to typical pub players: Better then most
    - Duration playing MNC: Whenever I have time
    - Timezone/Typical playing times: Anywhere from 5:00PM - 2:00 AM PST
    - Additional Information: Played TF2lobby a bit.
  9. zanarias

zanarias Member

PM'd with response.
  10. MonkeyPulp

MonkeyPulp New Member

Sure why not.

-http://steamcommunity.com/id/MonkeyPulp

-Sniper

-On average I do great. Current K/D ratio is 4.0

-About 24hours

-Usually after 4pm eastern
  11. ohknee

ohknee New Member

Drop your Assassin and get me instead. :?
  12. zanarias

zanarias Member

You are quite hilarious and have been denied.
  13. Milky

Milky New Member

14. zanarias

zanarias Member

Our team isn't fully formed yet so you'll have to wait until it is.
  15. Flonne

Flonne New Member

- http://steamcommunity.com/id/shijou961

- Support

- High, understand how to position firebases and push bot lanes etc. 6.5 kdr w/ 25 kill streak tag unlocked

- Currently 42 hr

- Central USA GMT+6, 8pm cst until anytime weekdays. All day weekends.

- Level 77 in beta, have placed cash finishes in UT2004 amateur level
  16. zanarias

zanarias Member

Re: Team Six Star [6*] - Recruitment on Hold

Recruitment on hold for the time being and may be so forever. Stay tuned.

Future posts requesting consideration for trial will be ignored until we decide to recruit again.
  17. zanarias

zanarias Member

Roster filled for the time being. We are ready to scrim other teams and clans. If you wish to organize a scrim with us, read the initial post. It now has a scrimmage section.
  18. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Its possible to get 1st with a negative K/D. Just saying.
  19. zanarias

zanarias Member

Sure it is, but it still means your lacking in a complete other department (see: survivability). You may have pushed bots and turrets, but I'd rather have someone who can push bots and turrets while staying alive and dealing with enemy pros.

It's not that extreme of a request. But at this point it is quite irrelevant.
  20. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

No, you're right. I'm just more the type that is more concerned about winning the game than individual performances. The two are linked obviously, just on different levels.