[Tank] - Raise Railgun model

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Sarabi, December 22, 2010.

1. Sarabi

Sarabi New Member

AFter an extended period of playing tank, I am infuriated by how low the bullet spawn from the weapon is, causing shots which apear entirly clear to hit a low laying piece of terrain.

This is particularly pronounced when attempting to make use of high ground, where the a tank on the lowground may attack the tank on the highgrounds upper body. But the tank on the high ground is unable to hit his opponent on account of his shots emptying harmlessly into the ledge.

I suggest raising where the tank holds his railgun to be perhaps a foot or so higher to prevent this from occuring with such maddening frequency.
  2. Providence

Providence New Member

This is a problem with gunner mortar too.
  3. Rammite

Rammite New Member

As a Tank main who uses the Railgun more than the Jet Gun, I heartily approve.
  4. Hako

Hako New Member

Yeah... It usually ends up falling at your feet and damaging you. It's really frustrating and defeats the purpose of high-ground.
  5. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

While annoying in places it's a lot better then the damage coming from the center of the screen like it use to be months ago, that stuff was so abused lol.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

It used to be that way but that meant corner-shots were allowed to happen as well. This was their fix for that. Would you rather not be able to shoot an enemy directly below you or have a Tank and/or Sniper shoot you from around a corner but you can shoot them back because you can't see them? I am still able to shoot from high ground as a Tank just not those who are directly below me.

As for the Mortar gun you have to aim with the bottom part of the reticule seeing as how it's an arching projectile. If you notice the reticule is in a V shape. ( \_/ )
  7. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the railgun is already strong enough, don't buff it, and as above said, it was meant to be like this to prevent shooting through walls......the mortar thing is a pain though....gotta get used to that....
  8. Sarabi

Sarabi New Member

But you can still corner shoot *Confused* especially against turrets.

Why not fix both problems and have tank and gunner hold it higher in front of them rather than to the side?
  9. kabraxisx

kabraxisx New Member

Its a problem for all classes. Just don't stand behind objects.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I meant like actually through the corners of walls. You were also able to shoot through the whole and half glass walls.
  11. Alienami

Alienami New Member

Agreed. I found myself being hit while on top of a bridge/cross walk but unable to return fire due to this.
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

then run away and come at them from a different spot....
  13. Sarabi

Sarabi New Member

Thats not fixing the problem.
  14. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

As a secondary tank player, I have to agree with this. It's very frustrating (especially on Lazer Razor Arena, my favorite Tank map) where there are walls you can see through, but can't fire through with the rail gun.
  15. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

so you want to be able to shoot through glass? or through panels because your crosshair isn't on them? thats a bit OP...
  16. Demigod At Play

Actually I meant something like this. Notice that although I can clearly see through the gap in the wall (an excellent way to take fire while partially in cover) my shots hit the wall below. Defeats the purpose of having cover doesn't it?

[​IMG]

Also, bragging time. My team won that round thanks to my three solo deploy/juices in a row during overtime. Never underestimate a sneaky tank with too much spare cash.
  17. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Yeah actually, that would be a valid argument for.

How about a compromise? It's raised higher but further back, so it won't shoot through the floor to attack someone below you (say, under a bridge on AmmoMule Arena) but you can shoot through windows like that. To compensate on the PC version, you can put a laser or something on the railgun and similarly affected weapons, or show an indicator on the reticule, that indicates your shot will only travel a few inches because of an obstruction. If it aims further than a foot or so, then it would be considered unblocked, and the player won't be frustrated by shooting the very cover they're trying to use.
  18. Demigod At Play

I'm not really sure what you mean by "farther back". The only thing I would propose is to make his weapon a little bit higher in the way he's holding it, so that it lies closer to his eye level, rather than his waist. That way, it would be closer to the center of the screen while still being fired from the character model itself so as to avoid the silly corner firing issues referred to earlier.
  19. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

see that thing on his shoulder make that the railgun then..... it was made to shoot bots and stuff coming towards him and yer i noticed that the walls were to high for the railgun a while back, it was annoying
  20. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

That's the product grenade, which would look a bit weird. Plus what would he hold in his hands switching to the railgun? A big weapon that only has one shot?