1. xenomorph555

xenomorph555 New Member

So I was playing the alpha and I found that a good strategy is to make defensive lines of units near enemy bases/outposts, then construct large artillery and then shell them until their defensive wall breaks, then ATTACK, if this is done correctly and efficiently then it can completely destroy the opposition. This was based on ww1 tactics but I was surprised it actually worked.
  2. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

It actually worked because not all units are implemented in the alpha... and let us not forget, balancing is no concern right now. Hunting down bugs and fixing them, that is important. Tactics, Balancing, that comes way later... that is something that can be refined in the beta.
  3. thefreemon

thefreemon Member

it's awesome that people are already trying out strategies and that the prototype allows for that. However, I would be careful not to get attached to them, simply because there's no such thing as balance right now. Whatever works now will probably stop working on future builds. I'll be focusing on bug killing and trying to break the game to find those most elusive bugs (Not very hard with the state the prototype is in at the moment).
  4. kmike13

kmike13 Member

I should hope this to be true as the dominant strategy either involves leviathans or T2 artillery. I rarely see mobile land units being used.
  5. calpernicus

calpernicus New Member

I find my artillery never hit anything... most of the time they dont shoot. I have turned fire at will on and have radar targets at what should be within range...

Leviathans are a must have. And lots of defensive towers seem to keep out most land attacks.