T2 levelers need an adjustment

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by tommybananas, December 31, 2014.

1. tommybananas

tommybananas Active Member

Iv been playing pa alot more since the new balance and ranking system :) as as such iv noticed with levelers due to their incredibly slow turret rotation speed, in a fight they normally get one shot off and then spend the rest of the battle trying to target any unit infront of them (which inevitbaly die before they can lock on and then the go on to trying to require another target ect).

Currently this in my opinion makes t2 levelers almost useless -Ii know there's the the thing about them being building destroyers but I find the vanguard fills that roll perfectly.
    My suggestion would be
    - increase the turrets rotation speed (maybe not as fast as t1 tank but to a more acceptable rate)
    -limit the turrets turning arc so it can only aim in a frontward cone.
    -lower its actual turn speed
    -this keeps the t2 tank as a hard hitting unit which can actually engage the enemy whilst still being vulnerable from being out manoeuvred by either faster units i.e dox or just better troop placements

this is just my opinon :)
    feel free to agree or disagree
    please comment why :)
  2. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I feel free to disagree.

The have good hp, damage and cost also is good. I like the leveler and i use them often.
  3. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Levelers are a little strange, they can be micro'd to turn the tank to fire quicker instead of waiting for the turret to rotate. Never try to get levelers to run away, facing forwards they can at least slow the opponent down whilst your other stuff escapes.
  4. tommybananas

tommybananas Active Member

i agree they have good hp and damage. however if they only realistically fire once or twice in a battle.
    id rather have their cost in metal in either more t1 tanks that actually engage the enemy.
    or just have vanguards which have good hp and damage....
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

They should get a coaxial machine gun to deal with dox and other annoying, small units.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Then you couldn't counter them with, said small units.
    wilhelmvx and stuart98 like this.
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

This. The counter to levelers has always been dox. Remove this and they gain the potential to be OP.
  8. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

There's definitely something not right about the turret turning slower than the body. It does mean you have to be a bit thoughtful with them but ultimately it promotes the worst sort of micromanagement to try to get the best out of them. Could they be changed so that both turn rates are at least equal, so that they don't lose their targets whenever you move them?
    xankar and ace63 like this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Shellers and other long range units counter them.....
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Shellers counter clumped up units, not fast speedy ones.
    squishypon3 likes this.