T2 land units too fast?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by duncane, February 18, 2015.

1. duncane

duncane Active Member

Why do the T2 vehicles and bots have the same speed as the T1? Surely we could fix the jump to T2 issue by halving the speed of T2 vehicles and bots and then reducing T2 factory cost.

Is there some obvious reason why it has to be like this and I am just crazy?
  2. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

3. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

Right, now say why. I don't disagree but it is really rude to straight up say NO without an explanation.
  4. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

T2 bots are much slower than dox, I don't understand why you would want T2 to be slower at all considering I barely already see them and people prefer to just spam 20 T1 factories instead
  5. duncane

duncane Active Member

I thought he was saying no I am not crazy ;)

The reason you don't see T2 as far as I can tell is the expense of the T2 factories. If they were cheaper you would see more, but with current unit stats everyone would rush to T2. That's my understanding anyway. I'm sure knowledgeable people can correct me.
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

T2 is already slower, slammer slower than dox, t2 fighter slower than t1. IDK about vehicles, but vehicles are already really slow, no need to make slower, slower would make vanguards practically useless.
  7. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

People would rush T2 if the factories were cheap

Since they're not, making them takes a ton of Eco which takes a ton of T1 to capture and protect. As soon as you get the factory up, T2 is pretty much better in every way, which is nice, it give progression

Apparently being better per metal cost in every way (not even counting T2 Eco buildings) isn't enough for most people and instead they'll build piles of T1 factories and lag the game for no reason
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

People wouldn't rush t2 if t2 was much cheaper, and much more situational. As in they suck at most things, but excel at a certain role.

We've been over thiiiis, cheap =/= rush t2 If it's balanced right.
  9. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

It feels like we're seeing a bit more t2 with the better energy eco in the current build anyway. It's now viable to have a few more fabbers without stalling power so you can build up t2 in the background. Metal cost is still very high, but that's another matter.

As for unit speeds, I would tend to agree with the others that they're ok as they are. T2 bots are slower than t1 while t2 vehicles are about the same speed as t1. This makes some sense as the t1 bots are raiders while the t2 are heavier support and longer ranged units. T2 vehicles on the other hand share the same army role as their t1 counterparts, they're the main offensive block. The t1 versions already move slowly enough that you can see them coming a mile away and try and prepare so why slow the t2 versions down further?
  10. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

They're too bloody slow if you ask me, haha. I don't mind t2 land units being more or less the same speed as the t1 units. Having them slightly faster would be nicer, to be honest.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  11. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so turning t2 into naval? nope not liking that ...
  12. enderdude

enderdude Member

well, how OP would any anti land air unit be if they were as fast as anti air fighters? it would be hella annoying to try to shoot them down while they run
  13. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

I like playing on large planets, so no, let's not slow anything down....
  14. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

He just does that, don't take it personally.