System Request: 2v2v2v2 System that forces you to escape your starting planet!

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by radongog, February 1, 2015.

1. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

I´m quite a bit surprised. Right now we´ve mainly (~95%) seen Single-Planet-System in the Mapping Direction! How about somebody really building up a system from the ground? So each distance, each Planet and so on should be well designed.
    I´m not talented enough to provide something like that, but I´m able to give a little general concept:

StrangeConcept.png
    (and I´ve got no paint skills either... :confused:)
    So, the idea is to have a starting planet with four (two of them are shown above) craters/ bottles/vales/ however you wanna call them. Optical design is completely up to the designer; I though about something desert-like-area in these main areas, but my opinion on that topic doesn´t matter.
    These vales should feature some metal, but not tons of, so conquering one of the other valves will still give you a huge economic boost! (aka you are generally on metal shortage)
    Interconnects between the vales shouldn´t feature any metal spots.
    Now comes the trick: That planet will be hit by four moons, each of them hitting one of these vales and they will annihilate everything in these vales, but not the stuff located in the interconnects! Of course this makes it very risky to store your commanders on that planet.
    Hit should come in after ~35 Minutes of gameplay, after that time point you can expect the game to focus on the other planets.

So yes, we need other planets, escape options. I thought of a low-metal-wreaked metal planet, that still got the basics to build catalysts on it, but---well, there are nearly no metal spots anymore! Something tropical (with small landsides, so Land vs. Naval can play out) and I´m sure you´ll be able to include some other, cool ideas. :cool:

So, who wants the job? :D