Support assists

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by lolcat, March 19, 2011.

1. lolcat

lolcat New Member

So, wondering why don't we have assist kills for support when he keeps healing someone? And also a healing meter on the leaderboards like in tf2? :s
  2. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Nah. Support's good where he is.
  3. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Heal-based assists would be good in my book. Just not too much money from them.
  4. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Standard $15 per assist? I don't say that's too much.
  5. Bezique

Bezique New Member

What's the consensus in the case of turrets?
    I would say no assist for healing another player's turret, as the overheal does not drain away near so quickly.

Assists for overhealing pros only? I cannot precisely see how this could be abused, but something is niggling at me. I'd expect it's a question that Uber could no avoid coming across during testing...but that doesn't mean they're decision was right....

I do think support's healing is a bit undervalued, but perhaps it would get difficult to calculate. Did that support's overheal help make a kill or was it incidental? What health was the pro on when the healing started? When would health regen have kicked in? If 2+ supports were healing those questions get more complex. What about one support overheals one, while the other throws an airstrike, does that count? I'm not sure whether all/any of these questions are relevant, but the more of them that are, the trickier devising a "fair" calculations would become.

Maybe a more straight forward solution would be to increase the rate of cash gain the support gets while the heal gun is active? Although this system assumes all healing is equally valuable, which is flawed in itself.
  6. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I think an increase in the rate of money or juice gained from overhealing a teammate would be the best solution. Unless the pro im healing is engaged and taking damage, there's really no incentive to keep overhealing them. If I were to get a coin, everytime he killed someone, maybe not an official assist, but at least a tip, i'd prolly heal more. Give me a lil extra juice if they get a kill while ive got em leashed.
  7. Ultim4t3 Ninja

Ultim4t3 Ninja New Member

YES!

This would motivate people to actually "Support" their teammates. Not just heal their Fire-Base.
    :lol:
  8. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I don't think gaining assists from turrents makes sense at all honestly because let's face it: anyone killed by a turrent really, REALLY deserved to die for being so stupid as to run in front of a one.

More cash/juice gained from overhealing would effectively encourage Supports to stick to their firebases even more: they'd pretty much have their own personal cash/juice dispenser that way.

How about overheal, healing, and lifesaver assists? Overheal assists would be pretty easy to get, so I guess $5 sounds fine. $10 or $15 sounds fine for a normal assist while healing. How about something like $30 for healing somebody at critical health when they score a kill? I'd imagine that's a good reward for saving allies, but getting more assists by regular healing would be more profitable than trying specifically to wait to heal until someone's at critical health to heal them, so only the most idiotic of Supports would try aiming for the more difficult assist(and those ones are already so idiotic they're going to suck no matter what anyways).

And what about bot kill streak assists? Should those count?
  9. buffacumber

buffacumber Member

Support is fine. If you need more incentive to heal your teammates you shouldn't be playing support anyway.

Sorry, but it's the truth.
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I always supported assists for healing, under the condition that it isn't abuseable.

The conditions would have to be that the support gets an assist, if he was healing the teammate nonstop for 10 seconds before the kill, so it wouldn't allow for stacking assists with multiple teammates.

This would encourage so much more field supporting. It is sad, but some n00bs have to be paid in some way to play decent. Their team winning isn't incentive enough to leave their firebase's killfarming.
  11. spookyspectre11

spookyspectre11 New Member

why not jus give the support a riot shield, take away the firebase and let him get $1 per 3-5 shots. eh eh? :D
  12. engnrurfaceoff2

engnrurfaceoff2 New Member

I don't know its as much greed or ingnorance for how the game should be played, but the way the game is set up you must get kills to gain money. If a support could focus strictly on healing team mates and get some reward so they can still have the ability to upgrade skills that would be nice. I dont think its a horrible idea. Not the full $15 of an actual assist but maybe $5. Its not much because the support didnt do the killing, but he did enable the other pro to take more damage to accomplish this task. Two gunners going head to head, most of the time the one with a support behind him will win. The support just enabled the other pro to have more time to accomplish the task. I think it is worth rewarding.
  13. misterhino

misterhino New Member

I agree with many of the posters that supports should heal just for the sake of healing, but what if you earned money slightly faster when a pro was in the red health range and it slowly tapered back to normal as they got back into the green? Same idea might work with a pro that was taking heavy damage, you earned slightly more money for keeping them healed until they were safe again.
  14. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

This.
  15. HazeTheRipper

HazeTheRipper New Member

i think theres two ways u can give the support a better money game the heal assists would Be one but it isnt the right way cuz holding Ur Team on the offence is enough reward just give use the bots streak on the console and the support have a way better money game
  16. Galaxy010

Galaxy010 New Member

Supports should heal for the sake of healing, but face it people, we're on Xbox, not PC. We got more lone-wolf 12 year olds than the moon does craters. If you dont reward people for healing you, they'll just keep healing their firebase as you stand in front of them mashing the melee stick in. I think it should be if you overheal somebody to 75% of higher then they get a kill within 10 seconds or so, you get an assist.
  17. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Please don't call me out like that :cry: