Super Weapons other than Asteroids

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by ullneverknowwho, April 19, 2013.

1. ullneverknowwho

ullneverknowwho New Member

My question is; while the asteroids are freaking awesome, will there be nuclear weapons "icbm's" to attack your opponent (like supcom) and perhaps be used to blow up asteroids
    and if so when used on the planet would it damage the planet ...like if you repeatedly bombard the planet with asteroids the planet would 'die' but what if you repeatedly nuke each other... my question isnt limited to nukes however but what kinds of super weapons and uber units could be expected or would they even exist in this game?

~thanks
  2. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

I hope there will be a big Pacman planet with a huge appetite for other planets.
  3. toorvis

toorvis Member

One of my favorite superweapons of all time was the Ion Cannon and the Particle Uplink Cannon from Tiberium Wars and Generals.. Until I saw the KEW in the Kickstarter trailer.

but I would like to see something similar to the Ion Cannon in game, though I don't expect anything else than Nukes and Asteroids :)

If they make a satellite thingy I hope they don't make it as weak as in supcom, I know it was kinda insane that you couldn't shoot it down but the damage it did was just silly compared to the cost and production time.

so I'm all in for LAZORS, have always loved them, and will always love them.. a reason why I play Amarr in EvE online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDVEHE10 ... age#t=196s this would be AWESOME

anyways, as I said.. I don't expect anything more than nukes/missiles and KEW's, but if more are added I would be speechless :3

just my opinion though, what do others think?

ยจ~ Chris
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You're going to be speechless.
  5. Moranic

Moranic Member

Holy. ****.

Modders, get onto this once the game is released. Or even the devs themselves. This sounds friggin' awesomesauce!
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Is it a moon or a battle station?
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It's Actually a Transformer.

ALL HAIL UNICRON!

Mike
  8. nanolathe

Fully Armed and Operational Battle Stations are getting old hat Neutrino :p

Give us a new "teaser"!
  9. blearwargh

blearwargh New Member

I can imagine the comic side to a pacman planet eater; imagine your casually building your base when all of a sudden a giant yellow pac man comes and consumes all your hard work! i guess the pac man planet could also serve as a resource generator perhaps (turning eaten planets into metal and energy?) just a thought.
  10. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

I am fairly sure PA will include nukes. However they need a new role considering asteroids are the new game-ender superweapon. Fortunately this opens up a lot of possibilities for large-scale nuclear warfare with many nukes and nuke defense systems. Possibly resulting in an entirely new dimension of gameplay which must be constructed from the ground up.

I think a DefCon-style strategic weapon dimension would interact wonderfully with bases and armies by acting as a "super" weapon, but a very small-scale superweapon that only devastates a small area of a planet. Nukes would fit neatly beneath the planet-killer class of firepower which would completely glass an entire planet.
  11. ullneverknowwho

ullneverknowwho New Member

the idea of a death star like battle-station sounds rather awesome

the pac man thing shouldnt be a planet but rather a super weapon in the form of a ''natural disaster'' or rather a fail-safe created by the progenitors to end the forever-war and preserve the galaxy... but it has gone rouge... think of it like galactus or parallax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNoErHIfrGU
  12. blearwargh

blearwargh New Member

i thought it could have been like a giant flying amoeba on steroids? or perhaps a giant machine superweapon in the form of a deathstar metalplanet, so it would have a giant jaw made of antimatter, nuclear waste for it's saliva and a giant laser-beam for it's tongue. so it would be the ultimate planet destroyer. wherever it happens to drool death follows, then it eats the planet and licks the transports carrying the remnants of the planets inhabitants.
  13. nooblets

nooblets New Member

its needs a few super weapons, as it will keep the enemy guessing to which we would used
  14. syox

syox Member

Can we also fight on the surface of packman while he is eating other worlds?
  15. trialq

trialq Post Master General

16. blearwargh

blearwargh New Member

not really, i guess it has the tongue part sorted, now all we need is a giant mouth surrounding it so it can consume the planet too, aswell as the nuclear saliva.
  17. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Does the Uber Cannon count as a super weapon? It certainly sounds pretty good.
  18. nanolathe

The Commander as a whole is definitely a Super Weapon, regardless of his weapons loadout.