Sunshine and Scylla: Two Naval Maps

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by silenceoftheclams, January 16, 2015.

1. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Hello folks! Here's a couple of naval-centric maps I've been working on, both inspired to some extent by my favourite Supcom map, Eye of the Storm. I think they're ready for a few field tests. Presenting:

Sunshine: A 2v2 or 1v1 naval-focused map, with spawns that are defensible from land but open to the sea. It has some open areas in the middle of the map and features enough amphibious opportunities to keep dox-lovers happy, but it also has enough tight spaces to ensure that you'll need tanks as well.

Scylla and Charybdis: Two smouldering volcanoes rise above the remains of a Progenitor research lab, which provides a series of tight attack corridors winding among the volcanic mountains that form the focus of the map. Meanwhile the oceans are open, and there are surprisingly few places that are out of range of the sea...
    At radius 650, it can be played as a 1v1, but works better for 2v2 or 3v3 matches.
    [Note: lots of CSG in this one, so it will take longer to load; also be aware that due to the current spawn placement bugs the spawns are only correct for shared armies games.]

Map Screens:

Any feedback much appreciated; let me know how you fare, hardy sea-dogs and hopeless lubbers alike.

Attached Files:

Last edited: January 17, 2015
    doud, sierra159, elodea and 1 other person like this.
  2. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I love them ! Sunshine if of great design and because of its small size perfectly transcribes the feeling from PA kickstarter trailer. I really love these kind of small planet with lots of great design ideas. Congrats !
  3. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked them.