Suggestions for the game.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Recolution, August 5, 2013.

1. Recolution

Recolution New Member

Hi, just some suggestions.

1. Game continues on death of the commander, would be fun to only be dead once all your units are gone.
    2. Tech level 3 units? [ I understand it's alpha you may already have this]
    3. With Adv-Radar is it possible to show the units, as opposed to representations as dots and squares?
    4. A krogorth (T.A) equivalent would be awesome, something that takes ages to build a bit of a mile stone.
    5. Be able to see where your team mate as spawned.
    6. We have advanced laser towers, but not advanced anti air?
    7. Flying Unit transports

Thanks
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

1] That's just an alternate game mode, SupCom had this exact thing.
    2] Nope. 2 Tiers.
    3] That breaks the Radar/Vision system.
    4] It's something Uber will look into, but given thier experience with SupCom it's not looking likely.
    5] I assume you mean where they select to spawn, as once you do spawn you can see each other.
    6] Yeah it's an odd one, but Alpha was never meant to be unit-complete.
    7] Unknown but hopefully.

If you want more details, use the Search Guide I created, there is already so many discussions on pretty much everything you can imagine and more you prolly couldn't.

Mike
  4. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

5. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Riiight. Way to welcome the new guy.
  6. sabetwolf

sabetwolf Member

The new guy needs to learn to search... It's alpha, its been going on for a while, theres a BIG chance its been suggested.
  7. Recolution

Recolution New Member

Thanks for the reply.

In regards to number 3.

I understand where your coming from, but wouldn't a extended radius of view around said radar position, not compromise the radar/vision, so basically a area is no longer blackened within a circle radius?
    [bit like when you move a unit to an area but amplified]

In regards to number 5.

I mean at that point where everyone's discussing where they will land/spawn, instead saying 'ah im near the rocks' you have a team only view of where your teammates have chosen to land, with that spawn area highlighted in a team color.

hope that made sense lol.

Thanks for your time.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

But if you can see the units nothing else matters. We can already see the terrain so the only thing that matters beyond that is the units, so if you have a "radar" that identifies units it's basically the same thing as having vision on everything inside the radar's radius.

The point of vision is to have a solid read on what's what, if Radar identifies units you don't need any scouting, it provides all the important information.

So basically like I said.
  9. antillie

antillie Member

This reminds me a bit of the Soothsayer from FA. While it wasn't a radar tower per say it did give LOS over a rather large area.

I think units like this would make more sense in the orbital layer. Spy satellites and such. However I do feel that they could add something to the game and help to make orbital control advantageous in a land war. Much like in real life.
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General