Suggestions for a Point System.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Disturbance24, August 18, 2011.

1. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

Pondering on how to get more customization in the game, and how to make endorsements more viable, I suggested that perhaps we should have a fourth endorsement slot. While the unanimous response was "no", a fellow forum wanderer suggested this:

Reflecting on his idea, here's my expansion on it:
    I like the idea of having 100 points to distribute between your stats, with 50 max per endorsement. To add to the idea, and perhaps make some skills more useful, here are what I imagine some good stats to be for each endorsement:

(EDITED AS OF 8/19/11; LET ME KNOW HOW THESE NEW STATS ARE)
    Rate: +0.4% per point, +20% max.
    Armor: +5 hp per point. +250 hp max.
    Accuracy: -1% aim cursor size per point. -50% max.
    Speed: +0.7% per point. +35% max.
    Skill Recovery: -1.2% recovery time per point, -60% max.
    Health Recovery: -1.2% regeneration time per point, - 0.8% recovery time. -60% and -40% max respectively.
    Reload Speed: -1.2% reload time per point. -60% max.
    Clip Size: +2% clip size per point, rounded to the nearest bullet. +100% max.
    Juice: +0.6% juice to juice bar per point(static; your juice bar will always start filled at this point after spawning and juice usage). +30% max.
    Critical Shot: +0.3% crit chance and +0.6% crit damage per point. +15% and +30% max respectively.

I think this setup would make the endorsements suitably powerful enough to be worth each point you invest. Let me know what you all think.

I also had an idea about different sponsor levels. Depending on how many points you invest in an endorsement determines your sponsor. Here's what I'm thinking:

Bronze=1-24
    Silver=25-49
    Gold=50

Now why does this matter? What I was thinking is that you get a bonus added onto your match earnings depending on your endorsement level. It would work like this:

Bronze= + match earnings x 0.05
    Silver= + match earnings x 0.15
    Gold= + match earnings x 0.2

This bonus would be added before adding the winning bonus or anything else, and would make getting hoards of cash a bit easier. For example, having two gold endorsements would work like this:

match earnings + 0.2(match earnings) + 0.2(match earnings)+ winning bonus= total earnings

With this in mind, I have other ideas that I will go into more detail later, but I thought this would be a nice way to get more "bang for your buck".
    Last edited: August 20, 2011
  2. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Would there be a restriction on how many endorsement slots one could have? I could supposedly (although it wouldn't be very useful) fill each slot with a number of points and get the benefit of all endorsements.

Btw, love the idea of having much more flexible options for each class but it seems a bit complicated.
  3. Jenubis

Jenubis New Member

I like the OP's thoughts on this. I don't see why it would matter too much to leave the amount of endorsements open, if the max amount of points you are able to implement at once is only 100 then you will be hard pressed to even divide them greatly amongst three. I'd almost even suggest giving people a little extra points, like 120. Higher then 100 but less then 150, so people wouldn't be able to abuse a 3 gold endorsement system but would still have enough points to make other endorsements work.

There are 10 endorsements total, so this would allow you to put 12 points into each of them as a total even point distribution, which wouldn't be too much more then a 10 point balance system and would allow for an even distribution of 40 on a three endorsement spread. Not quite Gold but right around silver. If the stats would need to be tweak just a little to stop the OP of certain Endorsements then it wouldn't be too hard to figure out.
  4. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Would change the amount of points for silver and bronze (otherwise you could have 3 endorsments over silver and 1 under bronze) but I do really like the idea of this.
  5. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

Moved to OP.
    Last edited: August 19, 2011
  6. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

Nope. How you divide your points up is up to you. Besides, even if you did do that, you'd only get a small benefit compared to maxing out an endorsement. But hey, with this system, you could either have a well balanced pro, or a very specialized pro.
  7. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

If I understood that correctly ( :? ) then it's persuading you to only use 2 Endorsments at Gold, which would be less customisation (which is the opposite of what we want).
  8. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

I changed the post a little bit, so hopefully it doesn't encourage all gold as much now. :)
  9. Jenubis

Jenubis New Member

If you want the customization and the money payout We can make Gold a .20%, Silver could be 10-15% (Your pick) and Bronze could be between 5-10% respectively.
  10. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I'm glad I didn't have to take the time to create this thread, I just derailed someone else's idea. :)

Great idea for a new topic!
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

:cool:

12. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

Course it is, it is YOUR idea! :roll:
    Anyway, I'd rather discuss this then my long dead idea.
  13. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

You read my sarcasm as if I care who came up with the idea. Don't worry about it, man.
    Just posting in your thread. :)

see? ;)
  14. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Shouldn't armour be a % instead of extra HP? Although I do like the idea of an extra 300HP for my sin :D
  15. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

300 hp= same effect as gold armor currently (225 for sin on PC).
  16. jaysofacton

That was my only query. I like the sound of this points system :)
  17. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Could double golds be like... banned? Even the thought of a gold RoF/Armor or gold RoF/Accuracy Assault gives me nightmares.
  18. jaysofacton

Where would you draw the line? 50/40/10 wouldn't be quite so bad but not far off.
  19. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Sounds about right, maybe even around 42 if you're willing to forego increments of 5. Low enough so that double golds wouldn't be possible, but high enough so you're not stuck with a standard 50-35-15 situation.
  20. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

I know that looks ridiculous on paper, but I don't think we'd know for sure unless this was actually implemented and tested. Also, other classes could pull crap like this as well. We'd almost definitely see stuff like gold rate and accuracy Gunners, super skill spam Assaults, and assassins tripping on gold armor and speed. However, these guys would only have two attributes maximized, and a gold rof/armor assault lacks accuracy, while the other build lacks armor. I personally think that more balanced builds would be more favorable than straight up double gold builds, specially because it gives your the benefit of more endorsements. The only way we would be sure is if we actually tested it, because sometimes some things are not as bad as they seem, or they're worse than you could possibly imagine. :?