Suggestion: Update to AA missile tracking

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by randathamane, July 31, 2013.

1. randathamane

randathamane New Member

Hi all.

A brilliant job so far, awesome game, but could i ask for something?

The Air based missiles are a bit "odd" in that they have a tracking problem against fast aircraft. It's a good idea that faster aircraft are harder to hit, but could i ask that the turning circle be reduced a little?

The reason i ask this is that, as of build 0.51118 Tier 2 bombers are very powerful causing some people to begin complaining about "commander sniping". Perhaps if the missile turning circle was reduced, more hits could be caused on aircraft and thus reduce the threat that bombers pose a little. I feel this would also fix a problem in that in some occasions due to a crafts vector, anti air missiles simply orbit about them, being unable to hit.

In addition, the Anti-air tower seems very weak against tier 2 bombers and fighters- with fighters being able to withstand multiple hits and bombers destroying them with impunity. A reduced turning circle for the anti air missiles would make patrolling fighters much more effective at protecting their base and shooting down incoming aircraft.

Many thanks for your consideration.