[Suggestion] Streaming

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by wiccasick, February 6, 2013.

1. wiccasick

wiccasick Member

I saw someone suggested a live stream of the live orchestra that Uber was going to do. And was met with both positive and negative replies.

However, in pure good will to the invest... erhm players. Why not put a 24/7 live stream of the office you guys work in. So we can see you all slaving away.

This is the 21st Century, and with its technology and possibilities. We can sit in and actually get feedback straight from the developers, aswell as give our feedback to you guys during game production.

I am not referring to close ups of computer screens, although that would be neat. But maybe a camera next to the espresso machine, and whenever you guys walk buy. We can wave to our monitors and pretend we are there for just a while.

Maybe, place a live feed of the chat under the camera. So we can type stuff, or make giant faces using ASCII.

All jokes aside, this would be pretty neat. Regardless off how you set it up. I dont mind checking up on a livestream every now and then, and I think the gaming industry has alot of late nights for the people who work there. Why not have this to cheer you up, or say good morning to, just for that extra credit. We can be like that civilization in the closet from MIB. Cheering you on etc.

Just a suggestion ofc.
  2. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

And turn Uber into some sort of Big Brother reality show? No thanks.
    Just let the guys do their work . . .
  3. wiccasick

wiccasick Member

Big brother is watching
  4. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

We just need a livestream from Neutrino's desk so we can see how often he facepalms while reading the forums.

:D
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I think his hand has just melted into his face.

Mike
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

ymmd

-1 for the whole big brother idea. Let them do their work and record what they think is worth of recording.
  7. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

Yeah, feeling like you're constantly being watched is really bad for morale. That would not improve working conditions in uber office.
  8. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Well......no.

I dont want a Big Brother PA edition. Let them doing their work.
  9. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

10. daemonmf

daemonmf New Member

11. wiccasick

wiccasick Member

Sorry for suggesting it :(
  12. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

No need to be sorry. We have done a bit of this kind of thing but just leaving a stream on all the team is a little too big brother for my taste.