Suggestion: Show Travel Time for Orbital Move & Nuke

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tohron, June 19, 2014.

1. tohron

tohron Active Member

Planning orbital invasions with multiple waves can be very tricky now, since it can be difficult to know when everything will arrive. If said invasion involves orbital nukes or strikes from multiple planets, you can say goodbye to any chance at cohesion. But there is a solution.

Whenever you have a move or nuke attack cursor hovering over another planet, you could have a box appear underneath the cursor showing the time it would take for the orbital unit or nuke to reach that spot. Furthermore, unit icons in the celestial view could have a box underneath showing the remaining time before they arrive.

By making this information available, a player would then be able to launch much more intricate orbital attacks than what is currently possible, opening up a new host of interesting options. Sounds good to me!
    Pendaelose likes this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

With the severe server lag right now it would not be possible to have an accurate timer. Although I would love to see this in future builds.
  3. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I agree this would be really nice.

And the server lag wouldn't really be a problem. The time shown might not translate to RL time, but the important part is the relative time compared to other stuff in the game.
    Pendaelose likes this.