[Suggestion] Rotate Buildings on No-Place

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ozolus, June 28, 2013.

1. ozolus

ozolus New Member

I love the new red "no place" structure settings. Makes buildings look clean and properly spaced.

However, if I might suggest being able to rotate the building during the no-place setting to get a better fit and allow the building to be placed. Found myself several times with enough room to place a structure beside another, only to be denied because it defaulted at a funky angle and I had no way to rotate.

Just a thought. :) Keep up the amazing work!

Allow me to rotate during this phase!

Attached Files:

2. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

I totally vote for this!
  3. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

We need hotkeys for rotation.
  4. godde

godde Well-Known Member

You can rotate buildings by holding down the mouse button and moving the mouse while you place the building. The implementation seems a little rough but building rotation is in the game.
    I still haven't figured out how rotate the building with minimal effort cause I just move the mouse randomly till I get the desired facing. :p

Edited for clarity.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Just move the mouse in a straight line and it will map that into a controllable change in the angle.
  6. slavetoinsurance

slavetoinsurance Member

I think there may have been a misunderstanding here. OP knows there is the ability to rotate buildings, the wrinkle comes in where you are unable to rotate buildings that are "overlapping," even if they only reason that they are doing so is because the building you're trying to place has rotated to an unhelpful orientation by default. In the example he has, the pgen can be placed, but only when oriented correctly, which you can't do if you get the red outline.

I mean, I'm not able to either, so I'm assuming that everybody has this problem and it was just a simple mix-up.
  7. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Actually I think this got solved in the last build with snapping. Rotate the 1st building and any building you try and place close auto rotates to the same orientation!
  8. ozolus

ozolus New Member

Yeah, I spoke too soon. lol. Love the new snapping!