[SUGGESTION] Remove the vanguard, cut T2 unit HP and all T2 cost and resource usage by 1/3.

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by tehtrekd, July 11, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Title says literally everything. However, for those who may ask "why", 3 reasons:

1: The vanguard is a broken unit, pure and simple. It's very design and concept is broken, a supped up Inferno that fires Uber Cannons, this isn't a well balanced unit, it's a meat grinder made of solid titanium.

2: Most T2 units will take out several T1 units before being destroyed, even when that unit is in the front of the army. Less HP will allow an advancing army to still have enough units to get in and do some damage even after being hit by a sheller or whatever.

3: I want to actually use T2 again, I miss the days of nukes and shellers, this game is about amassing enormous armies and using them to kill everything you can, why would I want games to end before I can start using the truly badass units like the mobile artillery or the gorilla missile launching robot?
    T1 units are bland. In a game with upgrades, they're supposed to be, the basic tank, the basic infantry. Upgrades are supposed to make you want to get to those awesome looking megabots, it instills a sense of unit progression, your army isn't just getting stronger it's learning new tricks, looking cooler and kicking ***.

It's clear that Uber has gone down the upgrade route rather than the specialized route, but that doesn't mean upgrades should be OP.
    Upgrades should be stronger, but not unbreakable. T1 units should still have a fighting chance against them, the fights against them should be harder. Not impossible.

I honestly think that these three simple changes can make that happen.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I'd rather T1 HP was doubled.
    aevs and brianpurkiss like this.
  3. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

oh levelers would be extremely dangerous....if it werent for the slower-then-life turret rotation speed...
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I wish more tanks had it.
  5. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

erm, theres only 1 other tank i think in the game, but if so...correct, they need a medium-fast rotation speed, but nothing to insanely fast or slow, its just T1
    igncom1 likes this.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Again. Another freaking patch to balance.

No.

Tet has it right. No. More. Upgrades.
    RainbowDashPwny likes this.
  7. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

What would that even fix? Combat between T1 units would be twice as long? So what?

T2 units would still chew T1 up instantly and T1 would still take an eternity to take down T2.
  8. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

Honestly, while some T1 could afford to be a bit tankier, Vanguards still are just broken as all get out. Their only real weakness is being kited, and the only unit which to make this work is the slammer. Unfortunately, buildings can't kite.
    RainbowDashPwny likes this.