[Suggestion] Let alliances see all spawns

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Martenus, March 4, 2014.

1. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

If you are starting as an alliance, after the game starts every player in the alliance has their own spawns. Others cannot see them, you have to tell your friends over a voicecom where you are and what can you choose from.

My suggestions:
    • Colorize the spawns to your army color
    • Let everyone see spawns of other players in your alliance
    Other player's spawns will be colorized to their army color, so it will be easy to distinquish between all spawns. They could also be made smaller to even easier distinquish them from your own spawns.

This would easy the communication on the start aka "See those two big cracks on north, I am right between them and my second spawn is in that big lake over the south". Alliance will be able to choose their spawns more strategically.

If you like, gimme a like.
    If you don't, gimme a comment why.
    Quitch, vyolin, cdrkf and 4 others like this.
  2. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

This makes total sense. I would say even include the numbers and final selected spawn indicator too, so you could just say the color/number combo and know exactly where.
  3. j4cko

j4cko Member

This could be confusing in 10 v 10 games or so ;) I thought some onscreen UI for drawing plans etc is needed and will be implemented (dunno why i think it will be - no sources) BUT this would also somewhat solve the issue.

Also if PING will work correctly and will be easily visible on planet suface to notice - this can be good. (as in - it will be possible to use PING during selection phase)
  4. Martenus

Yea, if they are all the same size, probably yes. Maybe they could be just some smaller dots with numbers, than it would be fine.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

depends, maybe the planet is big, maybe the spawns are on many different planets and maybe Uber will give us tools to make a quick assessment of all the spawn points in the system in the future, in anycase I agree with this idea.

And why is your teamate underneath fog of war even though you can see his stuff?
  6. Martenus

Yea that is wierd, right? I noticed that too. Probably a temporary "feature", that will get improved with future build.