[Suggestion] Highlight "official" planetary systems in the multiplayer lobby

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Shwyx, August 7, 2014.

1. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

Hi there.

These days and everyone and their mother is designing their own systems. Which is cool, I guess, people experimenting with the editor and whatnot. However, the vast majority of player created system simply suck, are broken or prone to abuse. Colliding planets that only the host knows about. Planets without metal or moons made entirely of the stuff. Ridiculously small or large systems. Etc. Given that it's impossible to inspect non-default systems before beginning a match, everyone depends on the skill - or goodwill - of the system's creator in order for a decent game to develop.

I thus propose a tag or visual highlight for "official" systems in order to quickly distinguish these from random, player-created systems. This tag could be applied to future official systems (in case these get iterated upon, or rotated), and also to "approved" systems in case we ever get some kind of voting system ingame to "like" well-done, player-created systems. The lobby could then look something like this:
    • [Uber] Shwyx @ Demon's Den (2vs2)
    • [Uber] elodea @ Zaphod System (1vs1vs1vs1)
    • brianpurkiss @ lolyourplanetwillcollide (1vs3)
    (no offense brian)

Thanks for reading!
    kjotak109 likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

also make VIP hotdog stands more accessible.

(you know my beliefs on this guys, I want no segregation).
    Last edited: August 7, 2014
    kjotak109 likes this.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

what about my 'Official FFA' system
    upload_2014-8-7_12-39-24.png