[Suggestion] Galactic war node system

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by WataCoso, January 12, 2014.

1. WataCoso

WataCoso Member

All this talk about teleporters made me wonder about what i think is a cool mechanic.

Imagine the systems of a galaxy grouped in clusters. a cluster has one special node system. this system contains a planet holding a big portal. said portal is necessary to travel from cluster to cluster. let's also say that you can't destroy it.

So, the goal on said node systems would be to capture the portal from the enemy . once you got that, you are able to travel to linked clusters.

As you can imagine, i took this out of Total Annihilation Nostalgia. I just loved the campaign so much..

Is it doable? well, it depends.

Surely, this shabby description of the concept would never work, because i am ignoring small and big details on purpose. Heck, we don't even know how GW will work out.

However at this point, simple concepts are everything we can work with, regarding GW.

So, if anybody is interested on this mechanic, this is the right thread to let me know, and we shall start spamming ideas and opinions in regard to GW :3