[Suggestion] Donate Button & Stretch Goal Indicator

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Zenotheory, August 17, 2015.

?

Should Uber do something like this?

1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Shut Up and Take My Money Already!

40.0%
  1. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

I was thinking of something for some of us community member to throw money at Uber for support of new content in PA. Like a Donate button for Stretch Goals with a price indicated on how much is need for New Units, Planet Biomes, Gameplay features or Engine upgrade support like they did in the Kickstarter Campaign.
  2. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Even if it is legitimate and most of us would blatantly accept it if not participate, take a moment to think of it.
    It would be a really bad publicity for the company, I can perfectly see lots of people saying things like:

"They haven't even finished the game and are still claiming momney for them.."

"If they didn't acomplish their first goals why would they now?.."

Even if all of us want this game to extend it's life cycle I don't think this is the way. Maybe real mod supoort and Uber will ensure it's continuity.
    stuart98 and wilhelmvx like this.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Just buy commander skins. As long as PA is profitable, Uber will keep on developing it. (Well, and even beyond that probably.)
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

no need just buy commanders
  5. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

That works, but still, no Stretch Goals, no indicator of anything. Dont put any donate button, show money they raise from purchases and stretch goals.
  6. DeathByDenim

You mean no indicator apart from the massive updates every month? :)
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

We still dont know what we could have if everyone would buy something. Or anything like that. Often we dont know what we will get until its already in, and sometimes even then we are confused and argue (asteroids), until we get the proper information.
  8. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

You can't just go buying commanders hoping that the money will find it's way into new features. It would more than likely end up in Jon Mavor's purse fund for ill fitting black tshirts.

It would be good to see a list of goals from this point forwards. When I play the game I have fun but I'm still only interested in it because of what it could be, rather than what it is.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

true, so better just directly send uber packages full of dollars
  10. DeathByDenim

Also nobody (except the $1000+ backers and Uber) knows what the split it. I assume Uber gets at least 70% since they do most of the work creating the actual models. So money still goes to Uber.
  11. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

top kek
  12. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

The game has been fully released for almost a year now, Also all the stretch goals have been accomplish except for the remaining Custom Commander to built for the 1k backers (Still waiting on mine) and the Documentary.

On the forums there stuff they like to have come into the game but due to money constraint it won't happen eg Single Player Campaign is one of them. I know Galactic War is in there but that more of arcade style of play with power ups for a break from normal multiplayer.

During the time of the Kickstarter I had money constraints but now I have more money and I would like to put more into this game!
  13. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I honestly think this is a far better form of single player campaign than a scripted one,
    Mainly because there is more replay-ability in a procedurally generated campaign than a scripted one..