[Suggestion] Construction System Retention

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by axelsky, June 7, 2013.

1. axelsky

axelsky New Member

Alright, I'm gonna try to keep this as concise as possible. I think that the way the construction system exists now is really, really nice. Some things are kinda weird, but being alpha, I can roll with that, no issue. Here's what I think should stay in the game to completion:

• Building on Mountains: Honestly, building off the sides of mountains is really cool and really makes this game incredibly unique. I think it should stay, but I think it should also limit which buildings are allowed to be built on walls, mountains and such. Nothing that produces units, obviously, and not artillery buildings (like the big cannons), but everything else could stay buildable there. We have construction planes, let's give them a better use than "build better airbase".
    • Water/Ground Construction: Alright, another thing I noticed was being able to build naval buildings on land and ground unit production factories on water. Obviously, that shouldn't be able to be done, but I think we should be able to build stuff like radar, generators, air factories, and metal extractors on water OR land, because they're not affected by either specifically.
    • Building at Angles: This could technically go under the "mountain" option above, but I felt it needed its own point. Buildings that protrude off of walls and stuff should, naturally, prevent buildings from being built on the ground or a slope near enough that they would intersect. This would allow you to build defenses on walls and extractors on the ground and all kinds of stuff and wouldn't really impact gameplay other than "some ground units can't hit these buildings" and that's not really an issue, seeing as you're not limited to ground units anyhow.

If anyone else has any suggestions on what unique things about construction should stay from the alpha all the way through to the final product, please, go ahead and post them here. I like that you can build on walls and stuff and that, to me, isn't a bug at all. It's the designers being really clever.