Suggestion: Compass Points

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mechsquid, June 8, 2013.

1. mechsquid

mechsquid New Member

Hopefully the devs already have a solution in the works for this, but it would be nice to have some compass points appear on the globe, perhaps only at higher zoom levels. It's a little hard to establish a common frame of reference when coordinating with other players right now.
  2. veta

veta Active Member

thats not a terrible idea
  3. ours99

ours99 New Member

I've been watching some alpha videos and its pretty obvious some people are getting disoriented after moving around the globe.

Just a North indicator would probably do quite a bit to help orientate.

Maybe a N/S grid overlay with degrees or some form of numbering could help easily recall a grid point. Perhaps it could show up only during strategic view or be toggled with a button.
  4. ZackM21

ZackM21 New Member

I would go for a feature you could turn on and off that just automatically locks the camera to up being north.
    Although I believe the devs have already said something about that creating crazy situations when trying to build bases near the poles. I wonder how this problem could be resolved.
  5. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Press the N. It aligns the camera to north. But it doesn't hold it in this position. Seems like a good enough idea to me.
  6. mechsquid

mechsquid New Member

It doesn't necessarily need to be locked north, just being able to prevent the relative view of your camera from being rotated by planetary motion would be great, my first game was pretty disorienting because of that.

I think that stabilizing the camera and providing reverence points for players should be enough to prevent confusion