[Suggestion] Big shield

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by F4B1, July 16, 2013.

1. F4B1

F4B1 New Member

Today I had an idea and I want to suggest and discuss this here.

So my suggestion: ... mh ... one picture can tell more thant thousand words ;).

[​IMG]

So my idea is that you can build such a shield with t3 or t4 to protect your base against nuke or catapult.
  2. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

3. F4B1

F4B1 New Member

Ahhhh...sry! :roll:
  4. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

No problem, its a great comprehensive list, very much thanks to Knight for it. (and any others that helped ofc) (me being around forums for too long... instantly went looking for this list when I first got here :p)

Also I've found, that there is a great amount of resources on these forums, some quite old. (they have had this forum open for kickstarter backers for a while) Usually the best approach nowadays when suggesting something new (thats not in above list) is to do a quick search first, so you can reply to a topic already started about the subject, and of course create your own if there is none.
  5. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

Actually, the statement of "There will be no shields" is not necessarily inclusive of all the information. Recently on reddit, Neutrino posted these bits of information:

The idea seems to be that the game should be fun and balanced without shields, before testing to see if they can be added in an interesting way
  6. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Interesting, like the fact that the game has to be balanced, before they start experimenting with "shields" somewhere when the game is in retail status.
  7. Marnit

Marnit Member

But only real world shields would be implemented, right?
  8. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Uber has stated, or at least strongly hinted at, that they will still be experimenting with shields. They will not be using the same shields as supcom due to how generally overpowered they are as a gameplay element, though I think it was bgolus that stated there might be some more experiments with less game-breaking shields.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not good at referencing Uber's statements.
  9. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

That is great news, I love TA but I also miss shields since Supcom... well am open for new shield ideas, sounds very interesting. :)
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The alpha forums is not meant for suggestions, moved the thread to the backers lounge.
  11. beanspoon

beanspoon Member

I've got to ask: what do you mean by "real world shields"?
  12. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I interpreted that as a witty way of saying none.
    Last edited: July 17, 2013
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

14. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

For me shields should be cheap disposable units. I'll all up for bot shields. Gotta take out those weak units first and cause a massacre of em. Energy generated shields are annoying. I've never encountered a useful type except in space flight sims.
  15. castortroy99

castortroy99 New Member

I do love the idea of shields and I hope that they eventually make it into the game. There's of course got to be some type of trade off. Make them use a ton of power or make it so you have to turn off shields on another part of your base to power the ones in the front where the assault is coming from.
  16. igncom1

In retrospect, Id really like some bigger and taller fortress walls for my bases and defensive lines.
  17. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Does this mean

[​IMG]

Would be the equivalent of a SupCom shield?
  18. igncom1

If you can put them in a line, then yes.
  19. beanspoon

beanspoon Member

This. Absolutely this. Once again, TA got it right.