Suggested change to default keybindings

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by eetmorsqrls, December 23, 2010.

1. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

[​IMG]

f,v,g replace lshift,q,e as skills 1,2,3 meaning your index finger does all of the skill work, while your pinky is used considerably more rarely (juice and buying stats) and also means you're less prone to accidentally opening the shop menu. Also moved 'change class' to J where it's easy enough to hit on purpose, but not on accident. Any thoughts/ideas/concerns would be greatly appreciated :)

(also: I know a lot of people are binding to their mice, but that wouldn't really work as default controls)

(also also: I wasn't able to find the actual file that stores the keybinds; they all show the defaults, not the new ones (looked here: F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\HostileGame\Config and here: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config ))

(also also also: why is the menu limited at 300fps and not 75 or 100? seems kinda silly to me)
  2. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

Actually the current default controls work quite nicely, I find.
  3. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

Well my initial issue with the controls was that I couldn't move left while using two of my skills, which i find kind of silly. fvg is much more intuitive for looking at which skill is done recharging since it's easy to link 'left, middle, right' vs 'shift, q, and e'
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I use the equivalent of E, F, and my mouse thumb button
  5. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i put red and blue skill on my thumb mouse buttons, juice on scroll down and yellow skill on scroll up as i rarely use them, Q to change weapons, E to buy skills the rest are default im fairly sure.....its all personal preference.