Stretch Goal 5???

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by core188, September 10, 2012.

1. core188

core188 New Member

What is it??? Unlock it!!!! We want see it!!!! 1,5M reached hours ago!!! Please!!!
  2. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

well its enough if they release it if 1.7M is reached imo :p
  3. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

I guess actually the next skretchgoal should be released now, because they always did after only one was visible.
  4. feyder

feyder Member

Put it this way when Galactic was was announced we hit Metal Planets a lot quicker ;p
  5. jmint0

jmint0 New Member

The Galactic Warfare reveal certainly helped achieve the Metal Planet goal. What kind of reveal would help fund Galactic Warfare?
  6. pattern

pattern New Member

Space battles? :D
  7. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

last goal = you get all free >: D
  8. mrwonko

mrwonko Member

Keep in mind it's nighttime in Seattle. Give them time, we'll hear about it soon enough.
  9. asgo

asgo Member

last goal: input support for keyboard and mouse ;)
  10. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

[​IMG]
  11. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

Maybe they're rendering the announcement video just this very moment?
  12. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Obama can see?

On a serious note, I think making the 5th stretch goal be free big updates for a while after the game comes out the best idea. It'll give the chance for us to see what features the game is missing after we get to try it out, and it'll keep the game alive longer. As I said in another thread, they don't even have to make that a set limit, but something like $100k per month (just an example, that doesn't feel long enough for me :/).

I'd be okay with free expansions for all kickstarter/paypal backers who paid enough to at least get the game (unless they give free expansions regardless, which would be epic).
  13. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

Last stretch goal: Three sets of DLC unit packs free to all.
  14. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Chances of DLC unit packs: near zero.

Why? Because either it gives you an advantage of having more units than the other players, or it'll divide the community by making it so that you can't play with people without the DLC you have (which would suck for the owners of the DLC).

Anyway, Cavedog made all units they released after the games launch free. Would rather not see a regression here.
  15. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

I like that one.
  16. core188

core188 New Member

I think what can be bigger and better than Galactic Wars. I know it! Universe Wars :D
  17. erudil

erudil New Member

Clearly the last stretch goal is adding in all the things Spore executed well on.

All one of them.
  18. memorykill

memorykill New Member

How about the 5th stretch goal being...coverting a planet into literally a experimental galactic planetary annihilation platform, or a EGPAP for short? Where literally you just turn, a planet into a massive space gun? That would be hilariously awesome, looking up to the heavens above with your developing planet below, then going "mother of god :shock:" as you see the planets themeselves, being weaponise to destroy your puny world...or just crash in to omg <3 that would be cool ha.
  19. ninjacool

ninjacool New Member

Or how about Parallel Worlds!, all planets have a hidden separate or multiple reality coexisting with our own worlds which we can switch between once we discover the tech for it! :shock:

Alright time to find me a Delorean to prepare for the release :lol:
  20. asgo

asgo Member

hmm time travel, sounds like a fresh idea for rts games. :)
    how about like this:
    a) you build your time machine whatever style (your preferred scifi way)
    b) you travel back a certain time (best not before the game started ;) )
    now it gets complicated, splitting time views:
    c1) PAST: you play in a world where AI take over your opponents in a replay of your game history where you can act with whatever you have taken through
    c2) PRESENT:your opponents (and technically your allies too) play in a world where an AI temporarily takes over your units and the effects off your actions in the past (killing units/structures/planets ;) ) get integrated into the game play by rolling back any change involving those items.
    d) you return in a world, where you hopefully didn't destroy yourself in the process.

involves a bit of bookkeeping and thinking outside of the box, but it would be awesome :)

edit: it would be easier if just one player is allowed to finish his time machine, everything else gets a bit confusing ...