Stream: PTE Playtestin'

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, October 27, 2014.

1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Hey all,

I'll be streaming the PTE build in a few minutes on the Uber Entertainment channel: twitch.tv/uberentertainment

If you want to queue up against me in ranked, go ahead! It'll be fun.
  2. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Watching Brad getting annihilated is cool!
  3. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

Someone put this up on YouTube pls!
  4. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

You can watch it on Twitch after the stream.

If you think, you're not missing anything, you do.
    Missing Brad's Pro Strats, like the
    [​IMG]
    is just unfortunate...

Sorry Brad, I had to! :D
    Last edited: October 28, 2014
    masterofroflness likes this.
  5. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Well, it was a massacre. And somehow even Brad managed to get a rank, even by constantly loosing.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Good game design. Not advancing at all, will not get the game played as massively. Who wants a smaller playerbase? Not I.

I should contribute and start 1v1. We need more people of my skill to scrub the bottom of the barrel.

I just wonder if Uber will take some balance queues from some other players/mods, because I am sort of used to playing mods balance, and not "dox-ball".
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I have played 12 games, lost one and havnt resorted to dox ball yet. Most bot factories I have build is 3.
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I should try that, I might be less angry with the balance every time I play. I think my Realminions are a little pised I yell at them every time I play vanilla :D
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

tested rcbm a couple days ago .. and seriously aside from one or 2 things i didn't like it overall ...
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Fixed that for you. RCBM is a pretty good game by itself, but it isn't PA. I could imagine people that hate how PA plays liking RCBM.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't think RCBM is that much like TA and SupCom tbh. I liked TA and SupCom a lot, but the general ideas behind RCBM are wtfbbq to me.
    cptconundrum, kayonsmit101 and MrTBSC like this.
  12. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

OH looky here the so called "i dont like x so i must not like xy either fallacy"
    there is only black and white and we cant ever have shades in between them ... sry but that is pathetic ...

oh i totaly liked supcom and TA ... that does't mean i can't ignore their obvious flaws and you know those ..

also have to agree with colin it doesn`t feel close to TA ... and it's even worlds apart from supcom ..
    rcbm is pretty much its own thing ... and i am glad that it is instead of being part vanilla PA to be frank ...
    Last edited: October 28, 2014
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  13. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

Yeah...Bronze, which is the worst.
  14. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

Watched the stream record... I have a question - what's done to prevent queue-dodging? From what I've seen you can just press "Leave" to avoid higher-ranked player and just CC-spam newbies.
    Also, what's the algorithm behind this? Is it Elo-based or something different?
  15. cola_colin

You are forced into a waiting phase if you leave. The first step is like 4 minutes waiting. I think if you do it multiple times you quickly get to wait much longer than that. Dunno the details.
  16. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

But you still can dodge one or two pros on the way... Well, that solves most of it I guess, which is enough.
  17. cola_colin

Yeah I think it would be best if the penalty is not reset after you accepted one game. More like it takes i.e. 7 days to get rid of 1 penalty point or something. So if you dodge more than once a week you quickly see "You just dodged a game, please wait 24h to play again".

Though if it were that strict developing mods that interact with this would be ... yeah. A lot of trial and error to match with myself.
  18. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

With that in place there should also be a feature to avoid repetitive rematches or some players will be stuck in it not being able to play vs another opponent or being forced to dodge or exit queue.
  19. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

Just looked up wtfbbq means "what the F! Bitch be quiet" is that what u mean?
  20. cola_colin

Actually the bbq part of that makes me think of this
    [​IMG]
    Though random internet dictionaries might disagree.