Strategic icons for ghost buildings?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by kmike13, October 1, 2013.

1. kmike13

kmike13 Member

At the moment when you scout a base and then leave vision radius, there are ghost structures that you can see when you zoom in. Unfortunately, it can be annoying to try to locate these bases when in strategic zoom. Will there be any plans for ghost strategic icons as well?
    doompants and thetallestone like this.
  2. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

I too hope they add building icons instead of grey squares..

It gets annoying to review what the scout saw to check what was actually there.
  3. hanspeterschnitzel

hanspeterschnitzel Active Member

+1
  4. veta

veta Active Member

+1, brief ghosts for units attacking you outside of your radar/vision radius would be nice too

i.e. like every RTS made in the last 5 years
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Question, what did you think of the system SupCom used?

Mike
  6. thetallestone

thetallestone Member

+1 for ghost strat icons of scouted buildings.

-1 for sight on an unseen attacker. That's just lazy. Somebody shoots you with a big gun, here's an idea, SCOUT!
  7. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Sight on unseen attackers can be something that is used only for very big calibers of weapons, ie. artillery and can be used as a balancing mechanism and to further differentiate them from other long range weapons like missiles.
  8. pheagey

pheagey Member

This.

Also, how about ghosting trees when friendly units are obscured by them? Lost a couple fabbers once in awhile no realizing they where hiding in a battle...
  9. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

I agree it can be difficult to re-identify the enemies base once LOS has been lost. An additional system of location marking would be nice, both passive and active. The passive strat icons to show you what you found perhaps, and/or a way-point or point of interest system to quickly tag enemy bases or future targets.

Then again, I don't know how I feel about giving strategic icons to something you can't see. Would be nice for help finding the enemy again, but should we have such intel for something we're currently not viewing?
  10. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

We allready have the buildings as shades so its not giving additional information but giving it in a more useful way.
    pieman2906 likes this.
  11. doompants

doompants New Member

+1.. structures that have been scouted should have a darkened strat icon when they are in the fog of war, a bright strat icon when you have visual, and a radar blip when they have not been scouted, similar to SupCom.
    pieman2906 likes this.
  12. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

I thought it was simple yet informative. The unit type, building type, Tier of unit all grayed out in that units color due to it being a snap shot of what was scouted. Currently in PA, I guess at what is new and inside a base when I scout and re scout. Since it just shows up as more grey dots or just buildings. I wish the buildings would show up as icons when scouted over.

simply put, It allowed me to figure out what I needed to build and what my opponent was building regardless of if I had constant radar or a scout flying overhead randomly.
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

So they lets use it again because it worked.

Mike