Still No New Content?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by blightedmythos, May 23, 2015.

1. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

Seems like this game has become pretty stagnate with new content and features. We got 2 new submarines and that's pretty much it in the last 6 months or so. So what's going on? Devs moved on to another game?
  2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Save and load is the biggest feature so far, code wise at least. They had to rewrite many of the already existing game systems to take into account saving all state data in a replay.

For example unit orders were not saved before since replays just loaded their recorded positions. But to allow continuing everywhere unit orders made also need to be saved, which gave the devs a lot of additinal work ;)

So after many months, you can now simply launch a replay and continue playing from any point in time!! Which means new smaller features are coming soon! Jables already mentioned on the steam forums that the coming three weeks will deliver Galactic War improvements!! ;)
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Over the last six months we got:

New units:

Unit Cannon
    Barracuda
    Krakken
    Phoenix
    New commanders: Sangudo, Ajax, AceAI, Enzomatrix
    New art: Walls, Anchor

New systems:

Blitz
    Amplus

New features:

Additional modding features for AI
    Saves
    Resume anywhere (ChronoResume)

In the next couple of months we're expecting

Upcoming features:

Galactic War overhaul
    Asteroids

Seems pretty good for six months. What were your expectations?
    Gorbles, andreasgg, nateious and 12 others like this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Unfortunately there's little point trying to reason with this guy. He's decided:

1 game is dead
    2 uber are evil and somehow 'scamming everyone'

I doubt anything you, me or uber can say or do will change his position on this :p
  5. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

*stagnant

^
    xankar likes this.
  6. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

This isn't EA or SEGA shoving a thousand items of pre-planned paid DLC down our throats, this is Uber giving us free stuff on a regular basis.

From what I understand, PA is one of the most technically advanced games ever made in many respects. Calm your ADD and be patient
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    tatsujb and Heizmeister like this.
  7. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yep this appears to be the case. Getting real annoyed at seeing his threads/posts constantly attacking on Uber due to some thing he has against them.

Was hoping that people would just ignore the thread and let it fade into obscurity. And here I am making a post here anyway.

If you want more features know that Uber is still working on the game when many other devs would have dropped it by now. So a little patience goes a long way.
  8. hellatze

hellatze New Member

i dont think so. its ok for player to get low faith than ususal. since uber lost most of its buyer.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's always surprising how detailed numbers some people seem to have.
    Gorbles and lapsedpacifist like this.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Yeah, especially since I think PA was in the top on sales again recently, whenever it went on sale.
  11. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

All I have to say:

Upcoming [REDACTED] Mods

Soon™
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Wait wut?

Are you referring to that other awesome mod, or something... 3secret5me?
  13. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

So 4 new units and a save feature all of 3 people will ever use. Cool. Seems pretty dead to me.

Also, who cares about new commander models they add literally nothing game play wise.

I don't think Uber are a bunch of scammers I just think they are greedy with questionable business disions like wasting art resources on 100 commander models and implementing a save feature no one will use and selling a game for $90 on steam.
  14. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

funny i saw more than 3 people using all of that
    feel free to think that, but you are thinking wrong ...
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

If they didn't do this, then they really would be scamming people.

It was probably a bad idea to have that as an incentive for backing at only $1,000, but hindsight is 20/20 and they made that an incentive, now they have to follow through with it.
    Nicb1, Remy561, Alpha2546 and 3 others like this.
  16. MrTBSC

supreme annihilation 3 ... ...
  17. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Save feature nobody will use, but is a feature the majority of negative reviews seem to mention. Oke.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

new content = new units; for most people.

People like changes, and adding new units is one of the biggest changes you can have. It's like leaving all of your furniture in your house the same way for 40 years. boringgggggggggg.

So i'm making two gigantic mods with a few people to deliver those types of changes.
    lapsedpacifist and stuart98 like this.
  19. MrTBSC

patch were subs have been added till upcoming patch period |= 40 years (obviously) ...

also we had critic that because of adding more and more units the meta wouldn´t have much a chance to form itself (another reason why people, especialy high level players left)
    as well as the constant ballancechanges and lack of polish for things that were already in ...

content has to be fleshed out first before you can make more or otherwise it may become a mess more difficult to fix afterwards ... imagine uber just drops in multiunittranports and carriers, hovercrafts and all the other stuff we like to have in just right now how much more additional work they would have to adjust the new content to the preexisting unitpool ... ballance would be in a heavy flux were the meta wouldn´t have a chance to settle down for a good ammount of time ...
    Remy561 likes this.
  20. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

The anchor got redesigned? That and oooh! asteroids! I really want to see how those work out!
  21. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I agree with this, but there are some thing being added now, that were going to be in the game when it launched.