Steamworks for Xbox?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by sensitivepsycho, September 9, 2011.

1. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

That is good news for Xbox fans. However, I would like to add a word of caution regarding SMNC: Steamworks =/= Steam!

While a game with Steamworks can negotiate matches between players on Xbox and PC it does not provide support for patches, updates and DLC distribution as far as I know, those are handled by the Steam client. I doubt very much that M$ would approve a distribution agreement in the Steam store.

So if SMNC would use Steamworks to allow matchmaking between Xbox and PC players it might very well mean that PC players on Steam would have to wait until the updates for the Xbox are approved and implemented before they can be released on Steam as well. Otherwise it would break matchmaking between the two platforms. So instead of expanding the options of Xbox Live it will most likely hold back the support on Steam, the opposite of what we want.
  3. Arcanite Chill

Arcanite Chill New Member

Its...glorious! Maybe now tf2 might actually get some bug fixes, and content without the lag I get on pc