Startup sound Issue

Discussion in 'Support!' started by stylisticsagittarius, September 17, 2015.

1. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

Small one but nonetheless.

When i (or all my friends who play this game so it isn't just me) are launching the game we have a short very very lound sound crack that on high volume (wich isn't all that loud) can litterly blow our ears out for a millisecond.

Maybe something small that can be patched around...
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It's a Windows 10 thing / FMOD thing. FMOD is the sound library that is being used by PA. FMOD fixed it in the latest version of their library (See here).

If your are REAAALLY adventurous, you can try replacing the three fmod*.dll libraries in <PA Install Dir>/bin_x64 with updated copies downloaded from fmod.org directly. Likely it will just break stuff, so back up the old files before you overwrite them.

The dll's can be found in the fmodapi download at http://www.fmod.org/download/fmodex/api/Win/fmodapi44456win-installer.exe

(@mkrater : By the way, I forgot to report this (probable) solution to this bug. I hope it won't be to hard to incorporate a newer version of FMOD.)
    Remy561 and mkrater like this.
  3. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

latest version of fmod the link does not work.
    And your second solution i do not want to break stuff so i'm not gonna do that :)
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Weird? Link works for me. It was just a link to their forum saying they fixed this issue in FMOD Ex 4.44.56, so not terribly interesting anyway.

And breaking stuff, well, that's what the back-up is for. :)
    Anyway, this will probably be fixed in the next patch if Uber can find the time.