Started playing again: seriously impressed!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ornithopterman, May 26, 2014.

1. ornithopterman

ornithopterman Member

So, this might not be a very constructive post, but I just played PA again after a 2 month brake or so and boy! I AM PUMPED!!!

First of all, the recent major 'big rock' update really boosted the value of the game by 356%. Galactic war is awesome! :D It really adds to the feel of conquering a galaxy, and adds a suprise element to the skirmish matches against the AI, since you never know what exactly you will be up against. Also, the addition of lore elements is very nice! It really gives PA a soul.

Second, the graphics and performance is boosted A LOT. Ok, maybe this is only for me, but I don't have a 'gaming' PC so I was forced to playing PA on the lowest graphical setting and only on 2 planet systems, but now? 'high' graphics and 5+ planets baby! :eek: It looks STUNNING!

The only thing I didn't get is the whole 'dark side of the moon' thing. I like the fact that there is a lot more difference between day and night now in terms of lightning, but does it really have to be this dark? :p Also, I don't get any headlights even on 'uber' setting, is this a bug or are they just not implemented yet?

That is all.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

You might want to check your graphics settings in the gfame. Headlights can be turned on or off as an option and hdr (high dynamic range) lighting might help make the dark areas less dark.
  3. duhreaper

duhreaper Member

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ The servers are down ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

*Mod edited - please keep repetition to non-insane levels. kthxbai*
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  4. cg49me

cg49me Member

As for the dark side of planets... If they seem TOO dark, try turning of ambient occlusion.
  5. ornithopterman

ornithopterman Member

Turned it off, and it does help with the darkness, but the game looks less pretty this way :p hopefully a fix will come soon!