Start of Match Complaint

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Skull Man, March 18, 2011.

1. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

There should really be a slight delay between when a game begins and when pros are allowed to leave the spawn. It goes without saying that the beginning of the game is extremely important, and it's a total pain in the butt when everyone is already out on the playing field before I spawn for the first time.

Though I hate to bring it up, Team Fortress 2 does it right. When a match first begins, there should be a five-ten second waiting period within the spawn to allow those with slightly slower computers/connections to join the opening rush. This would be super easy to implement and would set everyone on an equal playing field. Do you guys agree?
  2. Bakey

Bakey New Member

I'd even like to see some maps with a gate(s) at mid-map where you can pre-build some turrets and get set before any players can come harass you. I'd also say delay any bots from spawning until the gate(s) drop.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

The problem for me is class selection. When I get to the selection screen Assassin and Assault are often already taken. That's fine for me, I can always play another class. Unfortunately it often turns out that the player with the fastest PC is not necessarily very good at playing Sin though. What a waste... :cool:
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

This was the weirdest thing I noticed about the PC version. On the 360 version everyone starts the match at the same time unless they haven't picked a class the only time players spawned before you is if you joined the game late.

On the PC version I'll be in the lobby ready but somehow end up spawning last in my team.
  5. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, there needs to be a delay between whoever loads the map first(which signals the server to start) and when you can choose class and/or spawn

Also, has anyone else noticed that the "Choose Class" key doesn't seem to work while the flythrough is going?
    When MNC first launched I could bring up the class selection as soon as the flythrough started, haven't been able to for a while now
  6. Kel

Kel New Member

HostileEngine.ini

Change to
    Should safe you some time. But yeah, I spawn late too ... and I do hate the flythrough at every map.
  7. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

The start of the match is important. If you're not fast enough to get into the match due to your machine or you joined late or went for a pee before the game starts and missed class selection i don't feel the entire game should be crippled to make up for it. The delay before match start is already fairly long.

And a solid NO to the idea of setup time. This isn't TF2. There is no setup time needed as there is nothing to do. Pick a class, spawn, pick skills and get out of the spawn room as fast as possible.