Stardock's Elemental screwed up like the Demigod release?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, August 26, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

According to the fans Stardock managed to release their new game 'Elemental: War of Magic' full of bugs, without a good tutorial or adequate documentation. Just like Demigod Elemental had a very long preorder *beta*, beginning with an early alpha version (not feature complete by a long shot).

PCGamer UK published a probably slightly biased article:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/25/elementals-disastrous-launch-stay-well-away/

Still, a good bunch of customers seem to agree with them, the game is full of bugs, Stardock decided to disable multiplayer completely for the time being and the promised random maps are missing.
    Doh, I was really looking forward to the game but it looks like I'll have to wait a few month to see how that works out.

The reason for posting this here was that I recommended Impulse as platform for a possible MNC port back in the day. As things stand atm I'd say: go Steam! :x

I really like Stardock and Frogboy but I think they have to reevaluate their approach, especially concerning multiplayer support and what they consider *ready to release*. Froggy could learn a thing or two about communicating with the community from you guys too... :(
  2. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I pretty much agree with Jessep. Sins and Demigod atleast felt like they came from veteran dev studios. Elemental is just... awful.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Damn, I liked the concept, it kinda felt Lord of the Ring-ish and with the mapping and modding support they promised it looked like a title I could really enjoy. Oh well, maybe they will fix it all up and I will just get it when they release the first expansion.