Squatter's Rights

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by MrMusikal, March 23, 2010.

1. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

If you know the rule you will understand this gamemode

Welcome to Squatter's Rights
    Goal
    Wipe out the other team or capture both points
    Rules
    Two points.
    Each person on your team must be on the point in order to take control of one of the points in one of the right & left sides of the map.
    No respawning.
    Must be in said point for until the other team is wiped out or determined time runs out
    If point is unguarded the other team may capture and take control and the round ends.
    When one person on your team is not on the point it will not begin to be taken
    Im aware that this might turn into a sniper spamfest and I wanted the community to review my MADE-UP Gamemode
    Im hoping for a multiplayer focused gamemode & not go and sacrifice yourself style playing.

Sidenote: Teams will start like this

lasssssssssss0 <----Point
    Blue---->0ArenaA0<----Red
    lasssssssssss0 <----Point
    Last edited: March 23, 2010
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm not certain about the "sniper spamfests" though. I hardly play as Sniper classes, I prefer up close in personal. Unless Uber somehow manages to change that fact?
  3. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

Sniper spamfest as in people staying on thier point and sniping.
    AND STALEMATES if they have it in MNC.
    But I do see potential of an Assassin sneaking onto the point to kill an important teambember...
  4. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

So no respawning and it takes two people to capture a point... that begs the question, what happens when it gets down to 1 on 1?
  5. scathis

oh nevermind, read that wrong.

So everyone on a team needs to be on a spot to capture it... seems like a good way to kill everyone on the other team.
  6. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

Sooo do you like it?
  7. scathis

As a game type for a hardcore gamer it sounds great.
    The "No Respawn" thing is a tough sell for the majority of players. Thus the reason Cagematch in MW and Arena in TF2 games aren't played very much.
  8. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I would suggest having "rules" before you create a match, such as turning respawning off, or setting the maximum HP for players, handicap or sudden death.