Spend money to repair turrets?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Bambam Bm, September 6, 2010.

1. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Ok so as an idea, for a turret. If it's out of combat for say atleast 20 seconds, you should be able to spend money to repair it depending on how much damage is on it.

Sure i know Supports can do that. But if there are no supports on your team.. or you dont have smart ones who wont heal them, and you have extra money.. just a thought.
  2. quaddile

quaddile New Member

this seems like a great idea and it would really be useful for those lvl 2 rockit turrets in your base which are almost impossible to get to lvl 3.
  3. randomthought1

randomthought1 New Member

yes...so much yes
  4. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I was surprised to find you couldn't.
  5. Show me the Bacon

Show me the Bacon New Member

I have been thinking about this whenever I see an almost dead lvl 3 LaserBlazer, with no supports. Pressing up(or was it down?Whichever one isn't used yet, lol) next to an already built turret should do this. Price could vary on lvl and type of the turret.
  6. vintoks

vintoks Member

It makes sense, it would be a nice thing to patch in.
  7. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

definetly should be put in
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So was I, so was I.
  9. Buff Hardthrust

Buff Hardthrust New Member

Yes, yes, yes. This is an excellent idea. Put it in, guys!
  10. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

Fixing in this way should make the turret temporarily inoperable, imo. Like when it's being built/upgraded (not for as long though!)
  11. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

As a heavy support player even i endorse this idea...its hard once u have set up a nice defence network and start helping your team to push forward only to get screamed at to go back home and repair the half broken turret's (which i dont mind) but would make pushes a lil easier for a team when some1 can pop out and do a quick patch job so 24/7 support aint needed in base

I LOVE THIS IDEA would need some sort of blance to it i think but its a great idea
  12. tezmac

tezmac New Member

Great idea, to balance it out I think that the following should be the way to repair a turret:-

(1) Pro goes to turret and presses "whatever button" to activate repair request
    (2) Depending on the size of the turret either 1 to 3 small Bots (aptly named the "Repair Bot") Spawn from <<somewhere>> and heads to the turret and starts repairing it.
    (3) Bots can be shot off the turret by enemy fire
    (4) Bots cost $50 each so this would guage the cost:-
    ......(a) Laser - 1 bot $50
    ......(b) Aura - 1 bot $50
    ......(c) Longshot - 1 bot $50
    ......(d) Turret - 3 bots $150

This would be fantastic (well I think so anyway lol)
  13. OoPpEe1985

OoPpEe1985 New Member

I do like this idea as you don't always have a support on your team (although never case with me as I play Support) but I think it should be a option. Yes a support is great on defense but sometimes he's stuck defending and repairing ALL the turrets which is impossible with a onslaught of enemies coming in. This would be nice but only if it doesn't nerf the Supports whole Support concept.
    Repairing has a set cost which is 75% of last applied upgrade (meaning level 3 rocket turrets will be $600), basically it just rebuilds the turret. However it will also "rebuild" at 75% the speed too. So a level 3 Rocket will be out for a bit. So a organized team and all reapair their base in a instant but at a cost (giving up being able to buy juice or upgrades to skills) however Support can do this for free - meaning he is still needed as he could do alot to heal the base (and quicker too) but still allowing his team to upgrade themselves for a better assault (or buy juice)
  14. AcidSnow

AcidSnow New Member

Whenever you upgrade a turret it returns to 100% HP. ...So just upgrade them when their HP is getting low.
  15. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I do tend to like to fully upgrade turrets at once. There isnt a point to build a lazer blazer and just wait for it to get low on health then upgrade it, im going to upgrade it to level 3 right away.
  16. OGODWHEREAMI

OGODWHEREAMI New Member

I agree with the above, allowing the user to repair the turrets with money sound somewhat useful, but at the same point kind of a dumb idea unless either the repair to money ratio is high, IE: 1K to fully heal a lvl 1 rocket turret and such.

And considering this game is a team based support game (whether players decide to admit it or not), and if you happen to end up with a team w/ no support and everyone too stubborn to switch to a support, TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM AND SWITCH YOURSELF.

To me this seems much more of a grieving about how people are too stubborn or just too much of idiots to switch classes. Personally, i say leave it the way it is until people learn to play as a team instead of playing as lone wolves.

TLDR: Leave it the way it is, if you or 1 of your team mates is too stuck up/stubborn to switch classes for a match, it's not the designers fault, it's your fault for not taking one for the team.
  17. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Everyones gotta know how hard it is to get people to act like a team, haha.

And currently going in with a team of 6 is screwed up. One player will almost always get frozen at a screen. Team constantly being split up. And much more, going in with a team of 6 is much more annoying than going in single and having a uncooperative team.
  18. OGODWHEREAMI

OGODWHEREAMI New Member

meh i usually play w/o a team, and when i do it's usually me and another kid, but regardless if you play with or w/o a team, and you end up without a support, grow a pair, take one for the team, and roll support.

We can spend unlimited hours finding work-arounds for each class or we can just take the simple solution and play a class based system as it's supposed to be played. I mean i can sit here and complain that w/o a sniper there are no traps to slow/stop assassins or ways to 1 shot tanks/gunners when they deploy. Or someone can just roll a sniper instead of having a team of 6 assassins.

Place the team before your personal preference.
  19. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Well if you don't have a sniper to slow an assassin.. thats what shaveice turrets are for lol.
  20. OGODWHEREAMI

OGODWHEREAMI New Member

lol well fine, i'll play this game with you:

w/o a sniper you have no way to take out gunners(Deploy rank 1&2) and tanks in 1 shot, no traps to slow/capture assassins before getting backstabbed

w/o Assassins you have no way to take out camping classes

w/o Gunners/Tanks/Assaults you have no way to take out Support Turrets hidden under alcoves.

etc.

Point is every class has a purpose if played correctly, and you if take one of the main purposes out of playing a class, then you effectively make using the classes not useless but less useful.

IE: taking headshots away from snipers, Grapples away from Charge R3, Backstabs away from Assassins.

It's a perk of playing the class, and why people should play the class, it's not an issue of gameplay or mechanics that your arguing but more an issue of personal taste.