Speed & Accuracy's Ginger Stepchild - The SMG Sniper

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by sensitivepsycho, February 23, 2011.

1. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

INTRO
    So, you can't hit the broad side of a Tank from 10 paces? You think "quick scoping" is some kind of slang for premature ejaculation? You would rather fly off the level in a literal blaze of glory than hug your spawn ring like a security blanket? Then you've come to the right place!

The SMG Sniper uses his speed, small hitbox and area denial skills to harass, humiliate and strangely arouse the other team. Even skilled enemies will have trouble with this hilarious style of play, and it is one of the easiest ways of racking up Melee kills in the game. Provided your team isn't comprised of greedy assclowns. Which it normally is.

THE AUTHOR
    I have more SMG kills than Sniper Rifle kills. Of my 90-odd melee kills, more than half of them come from SMG Sniper play. I have loldublegrapled PeachyPony, and meleed kckzi twice in the same match as a Sniper.

SKILLS
    FLAK
    Upgrade it to LVL3 as soon as possible. It rips up Turrets and will send squishier classes scurrying, particularly if you spray them with a little SMG fire.
    • Use it to cover your retreat or to cut off an enemy's retreat.
    • Try and force the enemy to run all the way through it to get behind cover.
    • You can't throw it as far as a Bomb or Airstrike, but you can bounce it off corners.
    • Flak will set off enemy AND friendly Ice Traps.

ICE TRAPS
    The set-up for a loldublegrapl or melee. Sprinkle merrily around the map, or use them to fortify your position.
    • Assaults can break out of Ice-Traps easily, so if you're playing against decent players, fling a Flak at them while hosing them down with SMG fire and retreating.
    • Good players will take jump pads in such a way as to avoid obvious Ice-Trap placement. So, put them in the alternate landing spot! You'd be surprised how often this catches people out.
    • You can throw Traps very far by looking up and jumping while placing them.
    • Goad people into chasing you down, and retreat through your Traps. Then spin around, SMG-SkillGrapple-SMG Grapple-Melee-Taunt. Works best against Assassins, especially due to the way they will hunt you if you taunt them.

GRAPPLE
    This set-up is for dicking around. Therefore, use your LVL1 Grapple to lead into an SMG alternate-fire Grapple. Upgrading this is damaging one of your greatest assets - a bunch of nerd raging Assassins lining up to get revenge.

PASSIVE
    The only time you should use your Sniper Rifle with this build is if multiple enemies get stuck in a Freeze Trap, and even then only if you don't have a Flak ready to throw. That said, softening up Armoured and Ice Trapped Heavies is always an option. Upgrade only if you have the spare cash.

SMG
    Aw yeah. Surprisingly powerful over short distances and you hold it sideways like a bawse.
    • Spray everything. You get cash for Turret Assists, Pro Assists and Bot Assists no matter how little damage you did.
    • Don't use it from too far away if you're sneaking up on someone, as they will be alerted to your presence. Throw an Ice Trap down and goad them over it, or loldublegrapl them and retreat over said Ice Trap while spraying them down.

BASIC TACTICS
    • Jumping doesn't effect you accuracy. It does effect your enemy's. So, jump like a cute little bunny wabbit, only with an SMG.
    • Always try and lead your enemy into Ice Traps.
    • Armoured Heavies are a pain. Consider softening them up with your Sniper Rifle first.
    • People will constantly steal your kills while you move in for a Melee/Double Grapple. Just laugh when you end the game with 20-odd Assists, or play with people who aren't greedy asshats.
    • Assaults are your biggest threat. You're basically taking them on in their best range, with a weapon far inferior to theirs and an eminently Ring Out-able physique. Watch out for their Charge and Bombs, and do your best to lead them onto an Ice Trap. Once they've used up their Skills, you have a far better chance.
    ENDORSEMENTS
    GOLD ARMOUR and SILVER SKILL RECOVERY are essential. BRONZE CLIP SIZE, RATE OF FIRE and HEALTH RECOVERY are all acceptable, but I recommend you try them all a few times to find your niche.

That's about it. If you find yourself getting a bot bored of the game, give this build a shot - it's great craic altogether!

NOTE: SIGMAR am #1 snoiper in $15 XBL gaem

Attached Files:

Last edited: April 25, 2011
  2. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I cannot wait to read this guide.
  3. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

You got me all hot and bothered, and now I gotta wait.
  4. sensitivepsycho

I hope y'all weren't expecting another heavily-formatted thing - I don't want to overuse that style, my lovelies.
  5. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Armor Acc Clip is what I tend to use with this loltactic.
  6. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

What do you do in OT?
  7. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

In OT your SMG is beastly.
  8. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Always loved doing this, especially with you :lol:

[HECK] and [YEAH] ftw, pretty awesome guide. I'm putting some in my sig if you don't mind.
  9. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

DOOD. I actually made a video of a game like this. Lol. I am going to upload it in a minute.
  10. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Love it, one way to keep the Sniper interesting. Just playing normally as a Sniper has become quite boring to me.
  11. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

The headshot sound keeps me going. That sound just get's my motor goin. Giggity giggity.
  12. Aeadon

Aeadon New Member

Replace the SMG with the sniper and change your endorsements around and you'll get how a sniper is supposed to be played.
  13. F5in

F5in New Member

While I agree and believe you are a respectable sniper, the intention of this guide was for a mess-around pub build. :p
  14. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Dude. Are you stupid or do you just not see the obvious message of this guide to not be taken seriously?
    It's called the SMG SNIPER. Not the 1337 MLG Sniper.

Now ontopic.
  15. Aeadon

Aeadon New Member

Just pointing out a bit of mostly-on-topic, humorous irony and wasn't trolling anyone. You can take your butt-mad, casual-player defense force attitude elsewhere and this argument (should you choose to continue it) can be taken to PM's and out of this man's rather well-written guide.
  16. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

Allll right
  17. sensitivepsycho

Unfortunately I can't aim, so I'm stuck with the Ginger Stepchild.
  18. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

ice trap, flak 3 + smg = dead
  19. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

Bronze Skill Regen= 20% Regen

Silver Skill Regen= 25% Regen

So I would rather go with Gold Armor, silver RoF and Bronze Skill regen

Clip and Reload speed endorsements are really necessary since the SMG reloads hella fast

Silver RoF increases Boolit Output to a point were it won't be emptying the clip as quickly as a normal sniper build (gold RoF, Silver Armor, Bronze clip/acc/skill regen), but still give a fair amount of boolits fired.

The sniper uses the SMG with one hand, so if you position yourself correctly you can aim at people from in between walls. Kinda like this:

| 0 <-Some fool
    | -|-
    |
    |
    0 |
    |-- <- Sniper
  20. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

False; Bronze Skill = Skill Recharge Time * .9, Silver Skill = Skill Recharge Time *.8, Gold Skill = Skill Recharge Time * .7.