Spectator Issues

Discussion in 'Support!' started by stormingkiwi, April 5, 2014.

1. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Yo

As an experiment today, I started jumping in as a spectator on games that were already in progress.

This did not go well.

I was able to see economic information only, in real time. And the commander nuclear explosion effect.

Army information was correct for the time I switched to it, but never updated.

Chat also displayed correctly.

Spectating on the Australian server (i.e. spectating on games being played within my region.)

I think part of the issue is that the game doesn't fully generate the system.

Joining a game that had only just started however, was good (i.e. players had joined system, but spawns had not been selected)

Additional issue when trying to review the game - it was not correctly displaying, only displaying a black screen, unless I refreshed. Unfortunately, refreshing then kicks you back to the aftermatch screen.
    Last edited: April 5, 2014
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yup, bug FS#3272. Interestingly, you can still see major explosions like nukes or commander deaths and planet smashing. The bug report doesn't mention anything about it working correctly after just joining, so you might want to add that info to the bug report.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. stormingkiwi

Thanks for the link XD

@DeathByDenim -Is Review Game black screen worthy of its own bug report?
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I would say so. Every bug is. :)
    Does F5 help you fix the black screen? Just curious. I haven't had that one before.
  5. stormingkiwi

Yes.

Of course, it also kicks me out of review game. So then I have to rereview the game. And then it goes back to the blackscreen of death.

Great right?
  6. zackibs

zackibs New Member

This happens to me too. Spectating only works if i join the game before start or before players have selected spawns and the annihilation has not started yet.
    stormingkiwi likes this.