Spectating mode

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mitchpertuit, July 11, 2014.

1. mitchpertuit

mitchpertuit New Member

I can't click the eye icon on any of the players to be able to spectate a game. It shows the master eye, and when i click it nothing happens, and then when i click any of the other three they don't engage. I've reinstalled PA, i DON'T have cinematic mode on. Anyone else have this issue and have had it resolved? I've tried alot of things even opening a ticket and sending my directx info over to an uber employee to no avail, i would like to be able to spectate a match from time to time.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The replay doesn't really start until farther in. If you took 45 seconds choosing a landing spot then you should skip ahead to 0:45 in the replay. Until then the whole planet will be empty.
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I've also found that the first click on an eye icon doesn't always register.

Sometimes you have to click two times in order to switch views.
  4. klovian

klovian Member

Ok, so i'm going to necro this.

Upon further examination, i can spectate games fine, BUT if i want to spectate a game that is already in progress.
    I am not allowed to click on the vision icons.

Is this intended, or will we ever be able to join in on a game in progress and spectate it?

Sometimes when there are no games up, and i've watched all the pastats replays worth watching :p, i would like to join in and spy on my competitors.

YAY, NAY?
  5. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I joined a game to spectate the other day and I couldn't see any units on any planet. Neither could I click straight to a comm or anything by using the icons. Tried clicking the eye buttons, nothing...shame as I didn't have the time to commit to playing so was keen in seeing the new PTE in action.
  6. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

Did you join a game in progress or did you spectate from the very beginning? I'm pretty sure the bug where spectators joining late can't see anything hasn't been fixed yet.
    drz1 likes this.
  7. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

ah okay, i think it was in progress. Thanks for the info. Kind of annoying!