Spawncamping...make it more challenging.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by pecoto, September 19, 2010.

1. pecoto

pecoto New Member

Now, seeing as how this game has small arenas, it seem like spawncamping is somewhat supported and expected. However, with just a tiny bit of luck and the right classes (Support is pretty great at this for example), it's possible to bottleneck an entire team in their spawn for long enough to make the entire game a moot point. It is absolutely NO fun to be stuck in your spawn, then make a dash for it only to die an instant death....repeat for five minutes until the game is over.

In order to make spawncamping more difficult and tactically challenging I suggest the following: Make the "upper deck" area in each teams base do Damage-over-time to the opposing team. So, people could still get up there and do some damage, but would have to do it strategically rather than just camping up there and pointing their guns at the exits. The area directly around the moneyball should also be Firebase proof....you could still shoot the moneyball with a Firebase, but it would require a bit of planning and finesse in placing it properly, rather than just juicing in and dropping it right next to the moneyball (or just waiting until the opposite team is trapped in the spawn).

Now, I know a lot of whining about this is going to ensue......but seriously...how much fun is it to just spawncamp an opposing team rather than facing them on the field of combat mano-e-mano?? Besides, you make more money if the game is not over super-quickly, giving you time to build killstreaks, bot-kills, assists and pro-kills.
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

There are 3 exits from spawn

If they're able to keep all 3 exits covered, you deserve to lose anyway
  3. razman360

razman360 Member

The upper deck should be firebase proof and camping on top of the exits shouldn't be allowed but if u can't kill the enemy on a fairlyyyy equal playing field then that's the teams fault. And throwing down firebase is a support thing..it's what they do :p think of it this way..if they're juiced attacking the moneyball, they aren't hacking their turret, giving u a fairly easy $10
  4. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

I get on the spawn as a gunner if we have their ball down. It takes 2 shotgun shots/1 airstrike/1 genade/1 flak to get me off of it and most of the time one can't even see people as they come out.
  5. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I don't see why they don't allow for players to shot out and dmg things outside of their spawn but remain safe inside. It's not like it's a vantage point or anything.
  6. Red Shift

Red Shift New Member

I wish I could remember who, but someone suggested putting in a few turret nubs on the top ring to prevent spawn camping. Seemed like a nice idea to me.
  7. Purple Dusk

Purple Dusk New Member

Just put an Ejector Pad in the Spawn and make it affect the top level....
  8. OoPpEe1985

OoPpEe1985 New Member

I like that idea or a "Spawn Annilhilator", kill deal heavier damage to all players near the money ball BUT it will drop it's shields down instantly. Animation could be the moneyball does a EMP-like explosion from it.
    Ejector idea works great but wouldn't effect people standing on top of the windows or on top of spawn doors.
  9. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

You know...maybe instead of bitching about how uber can make the game easier for you, you could trying to change your tactics and push people out of your base and push into their base.
  10. Stayzer

Stayzer New Member

If they weren't doing it to you you'd do it to them
  11. razman360

razman360 Member

that assumes that every player spawn camps given the choice which simply any true. Under your assumption every MNC player likes to play dirty so I can safely assume ur one of these poor sports that spawn camps?
  12. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

How is rushing the enemy base and killing everything you see playing dirty? Do you think a forward pass in football is playing dirty? Do you think catching a pop up fly ball in baseball is dirty?
  13. razman360

razman360 Member

Killing everything in the enemy base and spawningcamping is different. You can assualt an enemy base without using cheap tactics. Spawn camping is poor sportsmanship
  14. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We're working on ways to make spawn camping less desirable. It won't be in the Title Update but most likely in the Free DLC. I say most likely because it's still being tested for issues.
  15. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I didn't think Microsoft let anyone put out DLC for free without some kind of sponsorship.

Also, in favor of the anti-spawn camp idea. The Moneyball EMP sounded cool.
  16. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I have an idea. Uber should create an impenetrable fortress where your team spawns with 3 separate exits to the battlefield. The other team won't be permitted to enter this spawn area, but your team can poke out and deal damage while still being able to retreat back to safety and invulnerability! All we need to make this work are smart players...
    Well, Uber tried!
  17. razman360

razman360 Member

I think there's just a limit to the amount of data that can be free per so many priced. And there are ways to limit spawn camping without making it too easy for the defending team. At the momentthe exits can be blocked from above which is unfair and even the ability to pop out deal damage and retreat isnt overpowered because u can likely damage them as much as they can damage u, u kno where they're coming from and they aren't gaining ground.
  18. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Holy crap, you are actual mentioning something that is going to be resolved?! I'm seriously impressed.
  19. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

There are a lot of misnomers about DLC. Many of them revolver around worship of Valve and hatred of "M$."
  20. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

that works, except when you have a sniper putting ice traps at all 3 doors, then gets 2 other buddies to watch them with him.